Old Fan of Series (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Ranse -> Old Fan of Series (12/27/2005 6:43:37 AM)

I have the complete old series of these DOS games on CD (SP I, SP II, & SP III), but they can't play on these newer computers (XP won't let you do squat in DOS). Is this the complete 3-game series, including expansion scenarios? I want to know how faithfull it is to the old series before I buy it. Is there a patch or technique to get these DOS games to run on XP computers? Is the Matrix release better than the original and does it contain the whole shebang?

Goblin -> RE: Old Fan of Series (12/27/2005 6:58:39 AM)

Ranse,

SPWaW is a free download. You have nothing to lose by trying it before you buy the Mega Campaigns. It is based on either the II or III engine (I forget which), and is a fair bit better than the originals, and comes with many scenarios and campaigns, plus you can purchase Mega's, then there are hundreds of user scenarios and dozens of user campaigns too. SPWaW works fine on XP for most people, with no tricks needed.

Goblin

Wild Bill -> RE: Old Fan of Series (12/28/2005 10:17:04 AM)

As you may know, Ranse, I've been deeply involved in nearly every version of Steel Panthers to come down the road, especially SP, SP2, SP3, SP2WW2, SPWW2 (first version) and then, of course, SPWAW>

For me it is the culmination of what I wanted in the earlier SP games but never had.

I assure you, you won't be disappointed. But you will miss out on a very special experience if you don't give this one a try.

WB

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI