ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar

XLegion -> ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST (1/2/2006 5:08:42 PM)

Wow! It sure seems as if there is little interest in this game. Well, after a week or so of fooling around with it I am ultimately going to abandon it and go back to the GREAT BATTLES OF HISTORY from now defunct I-Magic. I thought this game would be a legitimate replacement for the GREAT BATTLES system but I see now that they are not. Can't see how you can win in these things. The "hidden intelligence" rule is too exclusive. It looks silly when you can't even see the enemy on the tactical battle board and winning at the medium level seems impossible. I doubt if anyone will even see this as the board doesn't seem to generate any traffic.

Bye, Bye

XLegion

sol_invictus -> RE: ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST (1/2/2006 6:33:37 PM)

I bought this game when it first came out but haven't played it much since. I am going to give it another try this week. I just ordered GB of Hannibal as I lost my old copy.

Beetlecat -> RE: ABANDONING THIS GAME - LITTLE INTEREST (4/9/2006 9:17:49 AM)

I've been able to play this game at a friend's house recently, and while initally hooked at the marvelous game system, I'm left feeling a bit empty while playing it. Maybe it's due to the fact that it still looks like a tabletop game, and I've grown to accustomed to games like Steel Panthers which would be excruciating to re-create in the 'real world'. -- not to mention playing a lot of 'Rome:Total War'

As to the difficulty level, I completely agree. These set-piece battles can rarely be won on the first play-through, since it seems (although I'm exaggerating) that moving a unit a few squares in the wrong direction in the early phases can spell defeat.

Maybe a slightly bigger board and slightly longer line of sight might help in this regard.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI