Update Please (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

JonnieR -> Update Please (1/5/2006 11:13:50 PM)

I was curious where Matrix was in the process of making these games available for sale and I haven't seen an update. Just curious. [&:]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Update Please (1/6/2006 12:19:41 AM)

Moving along well. I don't expect it will take longer than sometime in February to get these back on the market in their initial updated versions.

Regards,

- Erik

Praepositus -> RE: Update Please (1/9/2006 8:56:25 PM)

Mr. Rutins-

Just out of curiosity, will the February version be the 32 bit version most gamers use with some tweaks, or will there be any more enhancements, such as a map generator, etc.?

Looking on down the road, what will be the format of these games? Do you plan to rerelease the original BG series of games, or are there plans to make a general game system a la TOAW, and users are able to create their own scenarios?

Praepositus

SwampYankee68 -> RE: Update Please (3/22/2006 5:48:04 PM)

Since the last estimate was February, can you give us an adjusted release date?

And perhaps an incorporated enhancements update?

And I'd like a pony.

mark.patrick -> RE: Update Please (3/28/2006 3:26:48 PM)

The man did say "sometime in February". He just didn't say what year.

Skeleton -> RE: Update Please (3/30/2006 2:19:54 AM)

Any word on a projected release date? And if there is no definate date, worst case scenario date, say Q4 2006? Or am I way to optimistic?

ETF -> RE: Update Please (5/10/2006 3:05:30 AM)

Ha Marcus and you thought the wait for HistWar would take long :)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Update Please (5/11/2006 7:27:08 PM)

Sorry for the delay all, we hit some problems in the production process that required us to go back to John to see if we could find some way to reduce the bundle sizes (in terms of Megabytes) without leaving out any content. In the meantime, other projects kept these on the temporary back-burner. That's moving along now and we plan to have these out before Origins, hopefully late May or early June.

All of these have been updated to their latest 32-bit versions and sound and video files updated to more efficient formats so that the size of the bundled digital download won't cause people to faint. [;)]

Regards,

- Erik

Rhetor -> RE: Update Please (5/12/2006 9:49:34 AM)

quote:

...if we could find some way to reduce the bundle sizes (in terms of Megabytes) without leaving out any content.

Main2.bmp files are huge, but that's good. Battleground maps are works of art. I have never owned any of the HPS games (price is high and there is no demo version), but, judging from the screenshots, the 3D graphics are really bad in those games, and that kills the game for me, especially when it comes to napoleonic battles.

You could get rid of the video files; personally I have always turned the video effects off while playing battlegrounds.

David Heath -> RE: Update Please (5/12/2006 7:55:16 PM)

Does any one know if any one that has done a graphic update to 3D units in the game.

David

Erik Rutins -> RE: Update Please (5/12/2006 7:56:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhetor
quote:

...if we could find some way to reduce the bundle sizes (in terms of Megabytes) without leaving out any content.

Main2.bmp files are huge, but that's good. Battleground maps are works of art. I have never owned any of the HPS games (price is high and there is no demo version), but, judging from the screenshots, the 3D graphics are really bad in those games, and that kills the game for me, especially when it comes to napoleonic battles.

You could get rid of the video files; personally I have always turned the video effects off while playing battlegrounds.

Yes, we've been focusing on shrinking the video and sound files using newer formats that should leave the quality intact while reducing the size substantially.

Regards,

- Erik

Rhetor -> RE: Update Please (5/12/2006 9:55:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Does any one know if any one that has done a graphic update to 3D units in the game.

David

Well, on my Backup CD I do have some sets of new napoleonic 3d units (icon files), but I do not remember well where I have downloaded them from. I might have downloaded them from this site:
http://www.cobexlaw.com/campaign/eckmuhl.htm
But years ago, when this site, if I remember correctly, was concerned with Battlegrunds. I believe it was this site, because they have divided their icon files for HPS games in the similar way as the files I have are divided (volumes covering time periods - I have got vol 1 1805-1808, vol 2 1808-1811, and vol 3 1812)

These 3d files are similar in quality to the files included in the original "Napoleon in Russia" game, but they cover all the armies of the era, including the Austrians.

I have never heard of any 3d enhancement for Civil War Battlegrounds. Maybe if Irish regiments had their Emerald banners displayed, or Confederate infantry could look even more "rag-tag"...

MartNick -> David Heath reply (5/16/2006 9:22:59 AM)

These guys have made 3D graphics for all the Napoleonic Games

http://www.nir-project.com/

1NWCG -> RE: David Heath reply (5/16/2006 4:29:55 PM)

I will send over what we have for our Waterloo MOD and the OOB listing. It is HPS based but the unit icons are TS based and the OOB is the same regardless.

I also have a slew of French icons I will send too for you guys and see if I can get some Allies ones.

Oh hell, I'll just send you all we got and you guys can sort it out if you want. [:)]

So it will include just about everyone.

1NWCG -> RE: David Heath reply (5/16/2006 4:30:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartNick

These guys have made 3D graphics for all the Napoleonic Games

http://www.nir-project.com/

Sadly some are missing and others are real bad. But some are good too!

Fintilgin -> RE: David Heath reply (6/11/2006 7:22:52 PM)

So, any news as to when we might expect to buy these? I only ever got to play BG:Gettysburg, and am excited about the chance to try some of the others.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI