Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Nail78 -> Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:06:52 PM)

Hi all as the title says and my post count confirms I'm a newbie player too WiTP. I've actually had the game now for just about a month. I've got a ton of questions too ask but I thought rather than deluge you with a bunch at one time I'd ask a question each day. Thank you in advance too any of you who take the time too reply too my questions. [&o]

How much difference is there between Easy and Historical mode? What are the noticeable differences between the two preferences?

Thanks Nail! [:)]

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:08:48 PM)

The difficulty levels impact AI play and Fog of War.

Easy - All TF's are visible on the map. You know where everything is.

Historical - Regular Fog of war. You only see what your unit's spot within the search routines. AI gets no advantages.

Hard - AI gets to peek at your dispositions. Helps it react better.

Very Hard - Everything in hard level + AI gets combat bonuses.

Nail78 -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:11:08 PM)

WOW! Talk about a fast reply! Thanks Nik! [&o]

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:11:31 PM)

no prob. Have fun.

Nail78 -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:15:40 PM)

A follow up too this question. Do AI units become stronger or more aggressive with the Historical preference compared too Easy Mode?

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/10/2006 7:26:30 PM)

In Easy mode you can see everything but so can the AI so in that sense "AI-wise" it's similar to the Hard level in terms of AI difficulty.

Nail78 -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/11/2006 6:56:30 PM)

Today I'd just like too hear about everyone's success in this game. Has anyone ever completed a campaign? Has anyone ever completed a campaign starting from Dec. 7, 1941. If so how long did it take you? Were you playing one day at a time or a couple of days per turn? How far were your armies able too advance by the end of the campaign? Anyone win a campaign playing the Japanese? I'd really be impressed if someone playing Japan was able too win one of the later camapigns from 43 onward.

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/11/2006 9:37:31 PM)

I havnt completed any games unfortunately .. furthest i got was jan 43 vs the AI .. then the game stopped as i had an auto victory . I believe this 'feature' has since been removed but i discovered PBEM play about the same time and cant play the AI anymore ( well i caould if i wanted to obviously ) It was on one day turns but i've since coverted to the 2 days turn as being a lot more unpredictable and fun . also makes the game run a lot faster too.

enjoy the game .. and welcome to our little community or nut house as it has been called in the past[:D]

[:D][:D]

Mynok -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/11/2006 10:02:34 PM)

For the full nut treatment, see the Test Thread on this very forum. We take nuthood to a whole new dimension.

fabertong -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/11/2006 10:20:08 PM)

Worship the Thread.....the Thread lives through us.......

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/11/2006 10:26:56 PM)

huh huh...he said...."nut" huh huh huh

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 1:57:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nail78

Today I'd just like too hear about everyone's success in this game. Has anyone ever completed a campaign? Has anyone ever completed a campaign starting from Dec. 7, 1941. If so how long did it take you? Were you playing one day at a time or a couple of days per turn? How far were your armies able too advance by the end of the campaign? Anyone win a campaign playing the Japanese? I'd really be impressed if someone playing Japan was able too win one of the later camapigns from 43 onward.

Yes, several games were played up to 1945, even two PBEM did that. Go the action report and order the threads by number of post: nr 2 (Dude vs Zeta - Hirohito Style) and nr 5 (History repeats itself, almost) started on 7 Dec 1941 and finished with Allied victory somewhere in 1945. They started in early version of the game, that has changed a lot since that, but they show finishing a WITP game is possible (having a life at the same time is another matter).

In my own case I manage to combine real life and WITP without too much damage. I play nothing else and usually sleep less than before, prefering WITP to going to bed... or even being able to get up earlier to play a turn before going to work (you can't imagine how it is to go to work after losing CVs in a one-sided battle... awful).

Nail78 -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 5:25:47 PM)

Today's question concerns the British withdrawl. How do I with draw a ship? I suppose it's right in front of me, but I don't see how it's accomplished. I see the option too withdraw an aviation squadron but I see no option too withdraw a ship?

Mr.Frag -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 5:32:09 PM)

The ship need to be in Karachi (in port) ... once that is done, if you look at the ship, you will see the withdraw button onthe panel.

Sardaukar -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 5:38:58 PM)

Bombay also works for Brit Withdrawal.

And I'm on late March 1944 against AI in CHS1.06(modified) campaign (to answer if anyone has completed the campaign). Will probably take until Jan 1945 before auto-victory (2:1 points) kick in. Trying to play 2 weeks/day when into playing...sadly not every day...[:D]

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 5:45:24 PM)

[sm=00000734.gif] YUP .. karachi or bombay .. disband into the port then find the ship you want to withdraw, click on it to bring up the details and 'withdraw' should be on option button on the bottom row.

however its a differant question " should you withdraw it ? " [:D][:D]..

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:22:56 PM)

people actually obey Winston and withdrawl? [:D]

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:35:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

people actually obey Winston and withdrawl? [:D]

I always withdraw, far better to use thousands of PPs in changing leaders of units and liberating units of fixed command rather than keeping a slow rusty BB. Or the Hermes.

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:40:07 PM)

Hermes needs love too!

six Stringbags can do alot....ask Fuso and Ise....I've lost the latter to two.....TWO hits from Stringbags....the other got knocked out of the war for several months.

[:@]

Speedysteve -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:44:18 PM)

Hermes did great in our game eh?

Nail78 -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:44:41 PM)

Well that does pose a good question why would I withdraw? Is that good usage of my political points too keep the ships in the Indian Ocean? I am playing the 43 campaign and it would put me in the hole political point wise. How often in the campaign will Sir Winston ask for ships be sent back too the homefront?

Mistmatz -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:49:05 PM)

I think tis based on a monthly dice roll

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:49:20 PM)

sure did....scared the crap out of you. Bet you had to change your shorts.....

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:50:04 PM)

usually once a month or every other month. If you've accumulated enough PP's, its not too hard to ignore the order.

Speedysteve -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:57:54 PM)

Terrified. I mean who wouldn't be seeing 12 poor excuses for lawnmowers (let alone fighters) along with 6 poor excuses for typewriters against my hordes[8|]

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 6:59:50 PM)

yeah well now you get to see Sea Hurricanes and Martlets instead of lawnmowers and Cadillacs.

enjoy dweeb....

Mike Solli -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 7:00:05 PM)

I look at it as easy kills.[:D]

Speedysteve -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 7:02:43 PM)

I plan to Grue........I plan to.

Nikademus -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 7:05:43 PM)

that reminds me....check your closet

Speedysteve -> RE: Nail's Newbie Question of the Day (1/12/2006 7:07:33 PM)

Have you stored your blow ups there in case your GF MK1 checks your place?

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI