Soerabaja (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Skyros -> Soerabaja (1/11/2006 4:42:37 AM)

In CHS/RHS has Soerabaja been upgraded to a 9 port to allow minelayers to be restocked?

I found this on http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/ a web site posted by Sardaukar.

The expansion of the pyrotechnic workshops on Madura Island, where shells and seamines were fabricated. Despite the shortage of explosives, which had to be imported from the United States, much was accomplished.

el cid again -> RE: Soerabaja (1/11/2006 9:51:31 PM)

quote:

In CHS/RHS has Soerabaja been upgraded to a 9 port to allow minelayers to be restocked?

I find it very frustrating that ports with mines will NOT rearm minelayers of their own nation! Soerabaja is a vital port - and a shipyard - Andrew added that - but I don't think it should be a level 9 port. But if that is the only way to do minelayers, I may do that (until we can fix it in code) for RHS.

witpqs -> RE: Soerabaja (1/11/2006 11:18:55 PM)

Just a thought: an alternative fix would be to add a Dutch MLE (mine layer tender). If desired to be limited to Soerabaja, then give it a max speed of 0 or something.

bradfordkay -> RE: Soerabaja (1/12/2006 9:07:04 AM)

How many ship slots are still open? Would this remove a more important vessel (considering that other than allowing MLs to load, a level 9 port isn't that much better than a level 8)?

el cid again -> RE: Soerabaja (1/12/2006 7:45:14 PM)

quote:

How many ship slots are still open? Would this remove a more important vessel (considering that other than allowing MLs to load, a level 9 port isn't that much better than a level 8)?

Essentially none. I just added the Soviet Fleet and had to ignore most of the submarines - and smaller craft (minesweepers, sub chasers - you get only 4 per class) - due to slot issues. I will change this in RHS - there will be a lot of missing important ships - and a number of free slots for others to use. I will change it by getting rid of non functional units (eg the LSM(R)) or things that make no technical sense. [We have no business including tiny auxiliaries like fishing boat MS and PC for IJN - there are MORE of these than total slots anyway - those we play with are EQUAL to real MS or SC for certain functions - utter nonsense - and players hardly could handle managing all the real vessels. The US army had more vessels than the USN - the list is vast! We should simulate only vital vessels. Now in my mechanical game, I even have fuel barges in naval bases! Talk about management issues!]

Monter_Trismegistos -> RE: Soerabaja (1/12/2006 8:56:57 PM)

Well actually which ships you want to add for Japanese?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI