RE: The THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:08:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Ahh, I'll be in the north.  Westminster College for 2 glorious weeks. [:D]

Staff college, i presume??

Yeah, it's the last phase of my army school. On 30 Jun, I'll be done for good. [:D] I hear it's pretty laid back. 0730-1530 each day. That's much better than my 6-6 usual routine. Lots of time for WitP. [:D]

oh goody!! [8D] [:D]

Nikademus -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:11:17 PM)

wow...i may actually have some of that time myself now........gee...to actually "play" WitP...what a concept..... [:D]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:11:38 PM)

Year 1262:

England's Henry III receives papal absolution from his oath to observe the Provisions of Oxford that he signed 4 years ago. His reassertion of absolutist power rekindles hostility among the barons (see 1263).

Richard de Clare, 7th earl of Gloucester, 8th earl of Clare, and 6th earl of Hertford, dies at Eschemerfield, near Canterbury, Kent, July 15 at age 39. Leader of the conservative faction opposing Henry III, Gloucester has held estates in more than 20 counties in England, including Glamorgan, Gloucester, and Tewkesbury, plus the Kilkenny estate in Ireland, and has been the most powerful English nobleman of his time.

The self-proclaimed Prince of Wales Llywelyn ap Gruffudd begins hostilities against English barons in southern Wales and makes an alliance with Simon de Montfort against Henry III (see 1258; 1267).

Crusaders on the Iberian Peninsula recover Cádiz from the Moors, who have held the city for more than 500 years.

Aleksandr Nevski persuades the Tatars to accept a smaller tribute and drop their demand that Russians render military service.

Hungary's 23-year-old crown prince Stephen (István) forces his father, Béla IV, to surrender 29 counties to him and thus virtually bisects the country into two kingdoms, but Béla had the son married for political reasons to a Cuman woman in 1255 and Stephen is widely disliked because he is said to have pagan leanings; when he seizes the southern banate of Macso it will precipitate war between the two; Béla will prevail (see 1268).

Genoa's Fieschi family joins with the Grimaldi family to stage a counterrevolution that enables them to return from exile and regain power (see 1257; 1270).

Norway's Haakon IV unites Iceland and Greenland with Norway.

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:32:58 PM)

Xoing!!!

Nikademus -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:36:29 PM)

Boing!

alaviner -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:52:48 PM)

bling

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:55:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Boing!

wearing your spring boots again, hmmm... [:'(]

[image]local://upfiles/7543/AC65026746FB4427A71133E0D9464CF8.jpg[/image]

Yava -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 5:55:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yava

Go and get some wood...[:'(]

didn't have to....woke up this morning with some. [:'(] [X(]

Daydreaming again?[:'(]

Dixie -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:06:29 PM)

Tired and emotional tithe [&o]

Been up since 1am, around 4 hours of parade practice today[8|]  some of it in the rain (hooray [:D]), plus 6 hours yesterday.  My legs are damn sore now.

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:08:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Tired and emotional tithe [&o]

Been up since 1am, around 4 hours of parade practice today[8|]  some of it in the rain (hooray [:D]), plus 6 hours yesterday.  My legs are damn sore now.

What are they doing to you?? Why are you on parade???

Dixie -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:12:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

Tired and emotional tithe [&o]

Been up since 1am, around 4 hours of parade practice today[8|] some of it in the rain (hooray [:D]), plus 6 hours yesterday. My legs are damn sore now.

25th anniversary of the end of the Falklands War. All of the RAF, RN and Army units that took part have representatives there. Seeing as 101 Sqn took part in the Black Buck missions, a few 'lucky' [;)] airmen were selected from a cast of thousands. (mostly because I was on leave [:D])

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:23:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tired and emotional tithe [&o]

Been up since 1am, around 4 hours of parade practice today[8|] some of it in the rain (hooray [:D]), plus 6 hours yesterday. My legs are damn sore now.

25th anniversary of the end of the Falklands War. All of the RAF, RN and Army units that took part have representatives there. Seeing as 101 Sqn took part in the Black Buck missions, a few 'lucky' [;)] airmen were selected from a cast of thousands. (mostly because I was on leave [:D])

[8|]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:24:03 PM)

i just got my paycheck - and they "forgot" to pay me while i was on paid vacation... [X(] [:@]

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:32:16 PM)

I can't afford too many "paid" vacations like that and I'll bet you can't either.

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:37:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Good night all[>:][>:][>:]

good night bruce .... john boy .... ben .... mary ellen

Wait! I'm missing the reference. It sounds so familiar, it drives me nuts, but I cant remember what it was exactly.

Little House on the Prairie?

Thats what it it. Yeah. Thanks Robert. Now I wont be racking my brain all day trying to remember.

No. The Waltons.....

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:43:36 PM)

Okay, somebody already caught that.

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:43:41 PM)

quote:

I can't afford too many "paid" vacations like that and I'll bet you can't either.

i'll bet they won't be able to afford them either, since contracts are involved.[sm=terms.gif]

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:44:13 PM)

Koing!!!!

BrucePowers -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:45:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

i'll bet they won't be able to afford them either, since contracts are involved.[sm=terms.gif]

So, they will correct the error quickly?

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:45:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

quote:

Good night all[>:][>:][>:]

good night bruce .... john boy .... ben .... mary ellen

Wait! I'm missing the reference. It sounds so familiar, it drives me nuts, but I cant remember what it was exactly.

Little House on the Prairie?

Thats what it it. Yeah. Thanks Robert. Now I wont be racking my brain all day trying to remember.

No. The Waltons.....

What? Didn't the Waltons live in the Little House on the Prairie?? [&:] [:'(]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 6:46:41 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

So, they will correct the error quickly?

i dunno - i am hoping they do - pretty ticked off right now...

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 7:06:59 PM)

OK - they've admitted the errors of their ways and are going to bring me a check... (whew)...

Mad Onion -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 7:32:36 PM)

LOL the longest thread I have ever seen

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 7:36:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Onion

LOL the longest thread I have ever seen

Welcome, Mad Onion!

Yes, the Thread is "special" - folks allowed to spam, er, post messages to their heart's delight (although politics/religion is actively discouraged).

It was a lot longer (almost 700 pages more) until a maintenance error deleted about 5 1/2 months of stuff... [X(]

Mike Solli -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 7:44:49 PM)

Off to run errands.  See you guys later tonight (possibly).  If not, definitely Sunday after I arrive in Missouri.

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 7:49:46 PM)

quote:

Off to run errands.  See you guys later tonight (possibly).  If not, definitely Sunday after I arrive in Missouri.

Have fun with errands... [:'(]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 8:54:51 PM)

Slow here again... [>:]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 8:59:06 PM)

Perhaps i should mention that i am about to FABER - that usually gets folks posting!! [:D]

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 8:59:34 PM)

especially if i make a few posts in a row...

rtrapasso -> RE: The THREAD!!! (6/15/2007 9:01:21 PM)

and post something like "BWAAHAHAHAHA - NOONE can stop me now!!!" [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI