System Requirements? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

lugosi -> System Requirements? (1/12/2006 10:04:05 PM)

What do you expect the system requirements to be for this game? I am so excited that it is finally going to be!!!! When do you expect to have a public release? (I only have a 733 MHZ machine, and I suspect that will not be enough.....)

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: System Requirements? (1/12/2006 10:41:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lugosi

What do you expect the system requirements to be for this game? I am so excited that it is finally going to be!!!! When do you expect to have a public release? (I only have a 733 MHZ machine, and I suspect that will not be enough.....)

Here is my original post in "What

===================
One risk in developing software is that the developer writes the code to run on his machine and it doesn't perform as well on for the person who buys it. I would appreciate it if you let me know the hardware and software you expect to use to play MWIF. Maybe then I can write it so it runs great on your machine too.

My own configuration is:
Operating system - Windows XP Professional
CPU - 2.52 GHz
Main memory - 1 GB RAM
Disk - 80 GB, (1/3 used)
Monitors - 19 inch flat and 21 inch CRT, both of which support 1280 by 1024 resolution, configured as one logical screen
Screen memory - 128 MB
Internet connection - DSL
===================

If you go to that thread (it's a ways back by now) you can read what systems other forum members expect to use and their experience running the predecessor of MWIF - CWIF beta.

I expect MWIF to be more demanding on system requirements than CWIF primarily because I have changed: (1) from 8 bit color to 24 bit color for the map, and (2) added/will add individual bitmaps for all the coastal hexes, which will place a demand for a lot of memory (230 MB). Most of those bitmaps will be swapped out to the disk (virtually memory) but I won't know the true strain on the system until the map is complete and playtesters have hammered away at the game.

The switch to 24 bit color means you will need to have a 16 bit color graphics card (or so I am told). I am at the very edge of my knowledge about these things. Historically I have avoided learning about and understanding hardware during my 38 years in the computer industry - instead focusing on software weirdnesses.

When I know more, I'll post it in this forum.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI