Im a new guy. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

cvn65 -> Im a new guy. (1/17/2006 9:57:29 PM)

I have had the game for about a month now and I am consumed by it. I have been playing the war against the AI and have made it to April 1942. Doing pretty good but seem to be having issues with creating pt boats and barges, any suggestions? I am working on my PhD in history (emphisis on WWII) this is right up my alley.[:D]

Feinder -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/17/2006 10:02:02 PM)

You have to have some available. I think on the Information Screen, it'll say something like "PT boats available".

You can't create them at any base, there is a supply requirement and maybe a size requirement, but I can't remember what it is.

Or you can create them with supply convoys. If you have an AK with supplies on board and PTs available, you can click on "create PT boats" on the screen. The PTs are created in your same hex (not always useful, which is why I rarely use this method).

-F-

niceguy2005 -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/17/2006 11:54:45 PM)

To create PT boats it has to be from an American controlled port (belonging to one of the US commands). You need sufficient supplies. I don't recall exactly how many.

ckk -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 12:03:17 AM)

If you have PT Boats or Barges available- CHECK SHIP AVAILABILTY SCREEN then
In a level 1 port with 10,000 supplies or load a task force with supplies and hit create PT Boat button or create Barge button They are created instantly

I don't think they start becoming available for Allies until mid 42

moses -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 1:16:42 AM)

I just got my first barges as allied and its Oct 42. Don't really know what I'll do with them.
They don't have much range or capacity.

Terminus -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 1:31:05 AM)

Barges are mostly useful in places like the Philippines and the Solomons; short range supply runs for bases that are close to one another. They have a smaller footprint than full size cargo ships, so they're harder to detect. The Japanese find most use for them.

bradfordkay -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 1:31:42 AM)

WARNING: when creating PTs from a supply task force, be sure to reset the PT TF homeport to the place where you want them. The PT TF will by default be set to the homeport of the Supply (Transport) TF from which they were created, and next turn will use up all their fuel in an attempt to reach that far-away homeport.

niceguy2005 -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 2:14:02 AM)

SLightly off topic but, WARNING: when the enemy strafes your PT boats, this can create a replay bug. The replay you see may not be what is happening. I don't know if this happens during a game against the AI though.

saj42 -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 7:42:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moses

I just got my first barges as allied and its Oct 42. Don't really know what I'll do with them.
They don't have much range or capacity.

I find they are useful in Solomons and PNG.

I use the LCMs and LCVPs for forward resupply of bases 1-2 hexes apart.
I use the LCTs for short distance island and base invasions at 2-4 hex range and resupply.
Better to risk these than AP/AK/LSTs which will attract the attention of Jap LBA from Shortlands, Rabaul and Wewak etc.

Historically the 'Gator Navy' in the Solomons (can't recall the Flotilla numbers right now) used LSTs and LCTs for the invasions (and follow-on echelons) of Munda, Rendova, Vella Lavella(sp) etc

cvn65 -> RE: Im a new guy. (1/18/2006 7:55:58 PM)

Thanks for the prompt response.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI