One Division in Two Places (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

kbad -> One Division in Two Places (1/24/2006 10:26:30 PM)

Hello All

Playing in PBEM game. While moving a group of units, I assigned one divison the move to a location and all others to follow. The assigned unit's icon moved to the location but left a duplicate in the start locaton. Now I can assign orders to the icon in original spot but not to the matching one in target location. Cursor shows unit in target hex but not in starting spot. All other units moved with the icon and answer orders. Question: If I can get the two icons in the same place, will they merge and fix the problem. Thanks

Berkut -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/24/2006 10:34:12 PM)

One of the many, many, many known bugs in release 1.6.

This has resulted in my units getting hammered in Clark Field, when the primary combat unit stayed behind and the support units walked into the waiting defenders and got butchered.

In any case, the only way I have found to deal with it is to cancel the movement of the primary unit, and then re-oreder the move and pray your opponenet doesn't hammer you in the meantime.

Just a minor little bug for a game that has been out for this long and gone through 4 or 5 major patches...right? [:@]

Big B -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/26/2006 5:05:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbad

Hello All

Playing in PBEM game. While moving a group of units, I assigned one divison the move to a location and all others to follow. The assigned unit's icon moved to the location but left a duplicate in the start locaton. Now I can assign orders to the icon in original spot but not to the matching one in target location. Cursor shows unit in target hex but not in starting spot. All other units moved with the icon and answer orders. Question: If I can get the two icons in the same place, will they merge and fix the problem. Thanks

Kbad, tell me which unit it is and where it is - so I can quickly hammer it![:D][:D][:D]

kbad -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/27/2006 2:41:52 AM)

The one in the bean fields just outside of Pomona.

ADavidB -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/27/2006 3:30:44 AM)

quote:

I assigned one divison the move to a location and all others to follow

There is a basic rule in this game - never let the Game do anything that you can do. Therefore, never use the "follow" command (or any similar command.)

Good luck -

Dave Baranyi

Big B -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/27/2006 4:47:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbad

The one in the bean fields just outside of Pomona.

Yah! I thought I spotted you guys there!! But will they listen to me? NO!!! So I bombed Pomona anyway! Sympathisers![:D]

B

BLUESBOB -> RE: One Division in Two Places (1/27/2006 8:20:15 PM)

Impossible! We have a squadron of Zouave Zoot Suiters there in the new, state of the art reconnaisance plane, the Chevy Pachuco B-7, and they haven't spotted a thing!! (By the way, have you checked out the cool hydraulics on that plane?!)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI