PC version? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

wodin -> PC version? (1/27/2006 1:20:38 AM)

Mark,

What stage is the PC version at?

Still on the drawing board or has programming got underway?

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/2/2006 12:36:14 PM)

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark

wodin -> RE: PC version? (2/2/2006 1:03:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark

WOW thats great news!

At last another game I can look forward to.

LnL PC version, Armed Assault and CotA!

ravinhood -> RE: PC version? (2/3/2006 12:40:57 AM)

Lol I bet there will be a FLOOD of people wanting to beta test for you. I know I'm 10 of them. lol Sorry, didn't get your boardgame, but, I will get your computer version. ;)

JimMerson -> RE: PC version? (2/3/2006 1:26:36 PM)

This is a surprise and good news. With Matrix running the show on sales of L'n'L now I should have expected there to be a computer version but this is good news.

I am glad to hear it.

Jim Merson

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/3/2006 4:24:14 PM)

Ravinhood,

If your avatar is your picture, you're hired. Otherwise, you'll need to take a place in line.[;)]

Best,

Mark

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/3/2006 4:25:08 PM)

Wodin,

What are Armed Assault and CotA?

Marc von Martial -> RE: PC version? (2/3/2006 5:41:37 PM)

quote:

Wodin,

What are Armed Assault and CotA?

Armed Assault is by Bohemia, the guys that created Operation Flashpoint: http://www.armedassault.com/

COTA, Conquest of the Aegean, is the upcoming Panther Games release, you will find it here [;)].

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/6/2006 12:16:47 PM)

quote:

Conquest of the Aegean

Are we talking about when the ancient Greeks did it, or the not so ancient German attempt? :-)

sterckxe -> RE: PC version? (2/6/2006 1:00:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

Conquest of the Aegean

Are we talking about when the ancient Greeks did it, or the not so ancient German attempt? :-)

Now there's an idea for a mod ... :)

It's the might of the German Wehrmacht & Luftwaffe fallschirmjaeger versus some tough Aussies and Kiwis lost in transit. With some Italians and Greeks to make up the numbers. Short : WWII operational warfare at it's best.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

ravinhood -> RE: PC version? (2/6/2006 3:26:38 PM)

quote:

Ravinhood,

If your avatar is your picture, you're hired. Otherwise, you'll need to take a place in line.[;)]

Best,

Mark

Ummm would you believe she's my sister? Does that count? haha ;)

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/9/2006 1:42:04 PM)

Well, to be honest, I DON'T believe it's your sister. [;)]

ravinhood -> RE: PC version? (2/11/2006 6:28:14 PM)

Would you believe my grandmother??? ;) At any rate you'll want me in your beta. Cause you should know by now I will eat up your AI if it isn't spick n span. ;)

JimMerson -> RE: PC version? (2/11/2006 8:48:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Would you believe my grandmother??? ;)

Somehow it is just wrong to think of her as your grandmother...

Just my thought.

Jim

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (2/13/2006 12:58:12 PM)

quote:

wrong to think of her as your grandmother...

On many levels...

Punisher -> RE: PC version? (4/28/2006 6:58:50 AM)

Hello Mark,

I was just wondering how your programming and testing are going on the PC version of Lock & Load Band Of Heroes.

Really looking forward to this title on PC! I can tell by the number of hits to this post that many are anxious for this conversion to PC!

Thanks!

wodin -> RE: PC version? (4/28/2006 2:27:58 PM)

I'm looking forward to this more than any other game due out. Infact more than any game since CC2!

aysi -> RE: PC version? (4/29/2006 9:36:36 AM)

You guys know you can play this on the net via VASSAL,I play with skype and it is great closest you will come to FTF.

getting more people playing all the time,for me far better than playing the machine

would like a few more modules before a PC game is looked at

wodin -> RE: PC version? (4/29/2006 12:23:59 PM)

The PC game is being done at the moment.

Ive no interest in VASSEL. I havent the time to learn rules etc etc. I want to be able to play PBEM and against the AI. Also the PC version is apparaently having a campaign system built in. Its staying exactly the same except there will be sound effects and tracers.

So waiting in anticipation.

Punisher -> RE: PC version? (4/29/2006 6:03:00 PM)

I agree with Wodin. I'm only interested in the PC version. I don't have time to play against anyone. If I get a few minutes to play a game its usaully to play a few turns against a AI a then back to work or my family. This is one of the reasons I love to play the HPS Squad Battles games but this game ported to the PC with a AI could be the game of the year! I have been waiting for a Squad Leader type game with really awesome counters/graphics for along time. This could be it!

wodin -> RE: PC version? (4/29/2006 7:24:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher

I agree with Wodin. I'm only interested in the PC version. I don't have time to play against anyone. If I get a few minutes to play a game its usaully to play a few turns against a AI a then back to work or my family. This is one of the reasons I love to play the HPS Squad Battles games but this game ported to the PC with a AI could be the game of the year! I have been waiting for a Squad Leader type game with really awesome counters/graphics for along time. This could be it!

Said it better than myself.

aysi -> RE: PC version? (4/30/2006 1:03:51 AM)

Yes a PC version would be good but you should check out VASSAL and perhaps watch a few turns,there are not a lot of rules and i think you will have to read some rules even for the PC game

I dont know what the AI will be like but a PBEM game may take some time to complete one turn,I still cant really picture it.I dont want the machine to take my OPP fire for me,so this could mean quiet a few turns exchanged by players,or you could play live like HTTR or with VASSAL,thats if it stays true to the boardgame

anyway just thought i would offer you guys a way to get onto this great game while you wait for the PC game,its lucky that all three lock and load games are supported by VASSAL,a lot of game companies dont give their permission

Punisher -> RE: PC version? (4/30/2006 9:31:59 PM)

Yes I have tried VASSAL before but prefer to just do a quick boot up of a game and get right into it.

I hope Mark or someone that's working on Lock N' Load can give us all a quick update to see if the game will be ready for release soon?

I'm sure the PC Game will sell really well! I hope I don't sound to much like a sales guy but I am...

I don't usally respond to forum's but I cant wait to get this game on my hard drive!!

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (5/3/2006 7:26:01 PM)

Yeah, I don't know what you mean by "soon," but the PC version si coming along nicely.

Best,

Mark

junk2drive -> RE: PC version? (5/3/2006 7:48:39 PM)

I think a few people would by a PC version of the Vietnam games.

Punisher -> RE: PC version? (5/4/2006 1:50:37 AM)

Thanks for the report Mark!

"Soon" would be releasing the game around summer time maybe? I'm sure we could find you allot of Beta testers to help you out:)

Cheers,
Punisher

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (5/4/2006 12:56:46 PM)

I doubt it will be out this summer. It isn't an exact science. Yeah, I'm sure plenty of folks would sign up for beta. They always do. :-) We have enough for now. Thanks.

Punisher -> RE: PC version? (5/5/2006 11:51:12 PM)

No problem Mark I will just keep my eye on this forum for your next update. Untill then the next best thing to playing ASL is playing the PC game by HPS called Squad Battles 6: Advance of the Reich. Never get tired of this game.

Cheers!

wodin -> RE: PC version? (5/6/2006 2:25:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punisher

No problem Mark I will just keep my eye on this forum for your next update. Untill then the next best thing to playing ASL is playing the PC game by HPS called Squad Battles 6: Advance of the Reich. Never get tired of this game.

Cheers!

To true.

markhwalker -> RE: PC version? (5/6/2006 1:43:02 PM)

Yep, I liked the 'Nam version.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI