Designer limitations increased across the board? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Panzer War -> Designer limitations increased across the board? (1/27/2006 9:23:26 PM)

I have heard about some of the limitations being increased but what about the Place name limit? I know this one probly is not a top priority but as a designer I find this limit to be very inappropriate to the large map sizes. As I prefer to make my own maps whenever I do a large map I always find my self straining to get names for all the cities, and often leaves me haveing no names for rivers, seas, land regions. As I currently understand it there are 800 allotted for opart 300 witch means (If my math is correct) that a max size map of 300x300 map would have 90,000 hexes and that would mean 1 place name per 112.5 hexes. In my opinion at the very least this limit should be doubled if not tripled.

piero1971 -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (2/3/2006 5:28:10 AM)

we should have 112 names per hex.:P
or at least one name per hex.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (2/3/2006 6:30:38 PM)

Maybe there should be:

OPART.exe
OPART300.exe
OPART3000.exe

rhondabrwn -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (2/4/2006 6:03:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Maybe there should be:

OPART.exe
OPART300.exe
OPART3000.exe

Now that's a solution! [&o]

ralphtricky -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (2/5/2006 1:19:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

quote:

Maybe there should be:

OPART.exe
OPART300.exe
OPART3000.exe

Well, I can give you the following for now, how's that?...
OPART3.exe
OPART30.exe
OPART300.exe
[:D]

dgk196 -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (3/21/2006 5:28:10 AM)

Hello,

Another good game! I hope a remake is in the offing... the terrain types need to be improved, that is, increased in number...

Editors for terrain, unit and organization both for parameters and graphics would be a plus for any game... giving control to the user is what progams should do... also in this way its hard to overlook units, capabilities and limitations.[:)]

Jeff Norton -> RE: Designer limitations increased across the board? (4/9/2006 5:59:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

quote:

Maybe there should be:

OPART.exe
OPART300.exe
OPART3000.exe

Well, I can give you the following for now, how's that?...
OPART3.exe
OPART30.exe
OPART300.exe
[:D]

Ah, the powers of Ten - a marvel of modern mathamatics...[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI