Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

barbarossa2 -> Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (1/28/2006 6:42:34 AM)

I would LOVE to see this system applied to the Waterloo campaign. Or Russia.

Or 1813 (GREAT!).

Does anyone have a clue as to whether this will be revamped for these campaigns? It doesn't seem like it would be TOO hard to milk this system a little bit.

Or is it dead? Honestly, I don't see a huge fan base posting away here. But that's sad. It seems to be a good operational game. I am pretty tired of seeing all those hex based tactical napoleonics games.

Does the author of this game check in here from time to time, or are they dead?

To the author: I LOVE THIS GAME! [:)]

DEB -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (1/28/2006 2:45:33 PM)

Not sure anyone at Matrix is still monitoring this game, so don't expect any reply from them! All of your suggustions are good idea's, but I suspect the map size of either the 1812 or 1813 campaigns would cause problems, not to mention the increase in the OOB numbers on 1813. Waterloo etc. I would like also but here the map size may be too small.

Have you seen the game: Napoleon 1813 , this does a brilliant job of this covering the 1813/14 campaign from Paris to Breslau & Hamberg to Vienna with 4 levels of campaign map scale and real hex map battles with division sized units and corps. based orders (!)
I obtained mine some time ago through Empire Games, however the game may no longer be available, as Empire Interactive no longer list it.
The only problem is that the manual provided is out of date compared to
the game provided; but 90% of the errors are to do with the menu details listed and are easy to work around /grasp. If you do/can get it I can advise further if you email me direct - click on DEB references to obtain my email address.[8D]

barbarossa2 -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (1/28/2006 7:39:54 PM)

You bet I would be interested!

my add r e ss is: "christophercleveland a t hot (you know the rest)".

(just trying to prevent automated bots from picking my info up for worthless mailings)

Chris

DEB -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (2/3/2006 11:12:48 PM)

I tried to retrace 1813 ( Full title:- Wargamer Napoleon 1813 ) for you but could not find it. The company which produced it was Empire Interactive; however they no longer list it. Perhaps if you emailed the company direct, they may be able to help you trace/obtain it.

( I had found it on a link at Wargamer.com (no connection to the game title ), to empire.com (before they changed their name to Empire Interactive ) where the Talonsoft Battleground games ( Waterloo etc. )were also listed. but it's not there now. )

It may be traceable at a website catering for Napoleonic wargames.

If you do get it; let me know and I will be happy to tell you the adjustments to the Manual that I have made, and answer any questions.

DEB -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (2/4/2006 5:06:47 AM)

Furthur to previous post:-

I have traced a detailed review for you @ wargamer.com/reveiws/napoleon 1813_main.asp

However the link to the publisher ( Empire Interactive ) no longer works.
And neither does the "Buy" link.

May still be worth emailing Empire Interactive direct though ?

DEB -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (3/23/2006 9:09:02 PM)

Have traced Napoleon 1813 for you ( after finding receipt today ). details as below:-

Website :- cdaccess.com ( search under 1813 brings up as below - edited ) :-

March 23, 2006

$19.95
Napoleon 1813
Platform: Win95/Win98/WinMe
Packaging: Retail Box
Publisher: Empire Interactive
Product Code: NAP1813PR
19 in Stock

Rewrite European History. Following the Napoleonic disaster in Russia, redirect Napoleon's European Campaign of 1813-1814.

Packaging Definitions:
Retail Box is a Cardboard Box. Contents as Provided by the Publisher.

[image]local://upfiles/15333/1751858D1C6642B492A3CBBE4E02C1F2.gif[/image]

benpark -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (3/23/2006 9:28:57 PM)

Chris at NWS hunted down a copy of 1813 for me for about the same price. It's a decent game.

Skeleton -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (3/25/2006 3:03:03 PM)

Mr. Park, How did it run? I have read that this game is unstable (1813) and how did it compare to COtD? Of the two, can you recommend one over the other? Thanks.

Ivan58 -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (3/26/2006 6:53:07 PM)

I played the game when it was published, and still must have it somewhere. It's without the economical system of CoG. I remember it was a lot about giving movement orders and your subordinates not always following them. It was not so user friendly and had a lot of bugs or rather inconsistencies, that made you think it was published too soon. Kind of an advanced beta version. But for real grognards of course it's worth while and the ideas behind it were basically good. Better than CoG that according to me falls between two chairs, trying to be strategic and operational at the same time, and finally failing in realism in both.

This one reminded me strongly of "The Struggle of Nations", the Avalon Hill board game, covering the German campaign. Those were the days ...

Ivan

Skeleton -> RE: Waterloo??? Leipzig??? (3/26/2006 9:08:20 PM)

Thanks Ivan, that is as I suspected. From all I have read, you have hit the nail on the head, great concept-flawed execution. Maybe I will pass on both titles and wait for one of the three or so promiseing Napoleonics coming sometime with the next year(s??) or so. Thanks for the info.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI