PlatoMFC error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

Ektor -> PlatoMFC error (1/29/2006 6:19:18 PM)

Hi, I have the PlatoMFC error.

quote:

If your´re facing a ""PlatoMFC error" / Display error":
--------------------------------------------------------------------

There´s several things that can fix this problem:

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of COG, updates and patches for our games are available in the "Games" or "Members Area"

I have the patch 1.2.17, the game is freshly installed

quote:

2. Make sure you run the latest graphic card drivers for your graphic card

I have the latest ATI drivers, just freshly downloaded and installed

quote:

3. Change your DPI settings to the default / normal 96dpi. To do this Right Click on Desktop > PROPERTIES > SETTINGS > ADVANCED

it is already at 96

quote:

4. If you are seeing this when exiting the game, make sure to only use "End Game" from the game map and "Exit Game" when at the main menu screen. Do not use "Exit Game" from the main map.

it does happens after a minute, whatever i do

My computer does use a x64 XP, maybe does it comes from it?

Ektor -> RE: PlatoMFC error (1/29/2006 6:25:00 PM)

I forgot the dxdiag, here it is

ericbabe -> RE: PlatoMFC error (1/30/2006 9:22:36 PM)

Unfortunately COG does not run on the x64 XP:

cf., Plato MFC Application Error

Ektor -> RE: PlatoMFC error (1/31/2006 4:20:13 AM)

no eta on a patch to fix it?

it's a bad thing, specially as it's not written anywhere when you buy it...

ericbabe -> RE: PlatoMFC error (1/31/2006 7:04:25 PM)

X64 systems run 32 bit applications on a software emulation layer called WOW64. Microsoft says that WOW64 is "highly compatible" with existing 32 bit applications, but it appears it is not perfectly compatible: if it were, then I should think COG would run under it.

We list the operating systems that we support as XP and Windows 2000. Windows XP X64 Edition is a different operating system than Windows XP, and is one that unfortunately we simply don't have the resources to support.

From the articles I've read on computing.net, gamepc.com, and similar websites there are many games that have incompatibility issues with the X64 operating system, and it seems that Microsoft is still working to release new versions of the XP X64 to address compatibility problems.

Ektor -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/1/2006 3:20:59 AM)

I agree about Microsoft and their infamous 'should be compatible'.

But I do not agree about the list of supported system.
Windows XP X64 is a windows XP, so if you write that you support Windows XP, X64 edition has to be supported.
Maybe you could change with a Windows XP (32) if you want, or put an asterisk * after Win XP to prevent about the x64, please specify it.

How can I buy another Matrix game if I cannot know if my edition of Windows XP is supported?

Thanks Microsoft for this mess :)

kev_uk -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/1/2006 11:34:44 AM)

I have a dual boot setup between the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of XP. Maybe you could create a seperate partition for XP 32bit?

ericbabe -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/1/2006 6:58:20 PM)

Honestly, at the time of release, X64 was completely "off our radar." None of the beta testers had a 64 bit system, I'd read that it was supposed to be compatible with 32 bit software, and I hadn't really given it a second thought.

If there is a new run of printing on the boxes, I'll see if we can get the editions specified on those.

I would like to support 64 bit systems at some point in the future if sales of these systems continue to grow as they've been. Whether we will be able to, or not, will depend on the degree of incompatibility between the WOW64 emulator and the XP Home/Pro Editions.

Erik Rutins -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/1/2006 8:44:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ektor
Windows XP X64 is a windows XP, so if you write that you support Windows XP, X64 edition has to be supported.
Maybe you could change with a Windows XP (32) if you want, or put an asterisk * after Win XP to prevent about the x64, please specify it.

Sorry, but that's not the normal convention at all. The 64 bit edition of Windows XP is far from common and is not assumed to be supported unless explicitly listed. With games and other applications, it's understood that 64 bit support is only tested if so stated. I'm sorry you had a different impression, but every other 64-bit user I've spoken to understands that you cannot assume that XP compatibility equates to 64-bit compatibility.

If you'd like a refund on your purchase, please contact me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik

TheOx -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/1/2006 9:22:57 PM)

I'm glad this was brought up, I positively love CoG, and am running XP32 with my Athlon64 CPU, but was planning on upgrading soon to the x64 edition. I'm sorry this didn't work out for you, Ektor, but I'm glad you brought it to the community's attention![:)]

Ektor -> RE: PlatoMFC error (2/3/2006 2:25:18 AM)

well I prefer to keep CoG and install a classic XP [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI