Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

rtrapasso -> Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (1/30/2006 2:24:30 AM)

OK - this one is just the opposite of the prior thread (Fighter bombers do not fly?) - i've got fighter-bombers (specifically P-39Ds) flying over Noumea, where they have no right to be.

This showed up a couple of turns ago, and it has recurred twice now. At first i thought it was a fluke, but three turns in a row is 2 too many.

Anyway - there are no P-39s at Noumea. There are no P-39s within RANGE of Noumea, the closest being at Norfolk Island. But a couple of P-39s show up each turn, and i think they even managed to shoot down a bomber.

Anyone have any ideas???[&:]

witpqs -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (1/30/2006 2:37:28 AM)

I can think of two things.

1) The Free French got some on the black market.

2) A leak (bug) in the combat report or even the engine itself.

A long time ago (a few patches) I was doing night bombing from somewhere in Burma to maybe Rangoon or somewhere in Malaya. The planes consistently bombed cities way up the China coast far out of there range. I reported this but never got an answer (or comment).

rtrapasso -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (1/30/2006 2:55:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

A long time ago (a few patches) I was doing night bombing from somewhere in Burma to maybe Rangoon or somewhere in Malaya. The planes consistently bombed cities way up the China coast far out of there range. I reported this but never got an answer (or comment).

Well, even if the Free French got the fighters, they would have no place to fly them from as the only air field in Allied hands is currently an utter wreck... i don't think it is a leak in the combat report, but probably there is something weird with the game engine in this case...

pompack -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (1/30/2006 3:39:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Well, even if the Free French got the fighters, they would have no place to fly them from as the only air field in Allied hands is currently an utter wreck... i don't think it is a leak in the combat report, but probably there is something weird with the game engine in this case...

It's a short term problem since there will only be Japanese in Noumea in two days time- (evil laughter). Um, or maybe two weeks time; things have been going rather slowly there lately.

OTOH, if they are still there then, it will be very expensive to base Betties there if they have to share the hangers with P39s. And it could get a little tense in the O-Club.[8|]

Nick E -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 3:06:49 AM)

Do you have a HQ at Noumea? Maybe those aircraft are replacement fragments that can't show up with the parent because the parent's location does not qualify for replacements.

ADavidB -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 4:28:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

OK - this one is just the opposite of the prior thread (Fighter bombers do not fly?) - i've got fighter-bombers (specifically P-39Ds) flying over Noumea, where they have no right to be.

This showed up a couple of turns ago, and it has recurred twice now. At first i thought it was a fluke, but three turns in a row is 2 too many.

Anyway - there are no P-39s at Noumea. There are no P-39s within RANGE of Noumea, the closest being at Norfolk Island. But a couple of P-39s show up each turn, and i think they even managed to shoot down a bomber.

Anyone have any ideas???[&:]

Oh oh...the few times I've seen this it came just before the database went totally south... But those occasions were in games against the AI where the game had gone so far out of sync with history that the AI was essentially frozen.

Oh yes, one other game - during my stint against PzB in his epic game I received some Japanese planes from time to time.

You and Pompack ought to do a comparison of your settings - what's on, what's off, etc - and try to match everything up exactly. Next, if you have been overwriting old saves and combat reports, etc., delete them inbetween each turn and save the turns "fresh" each time.

If none of that helps, you'll have to find some virgins to sacrifice...[sm=00000116.gif]

Good luck -

Dave Baranyi

rtrapasso -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 4:53:59 AM)

Well, whoever these guys are, they are good. I **think** one of them is my top pilot...[X(]

rtrapasso -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 4:58:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nick E

Do you have a HQ at Noumea? Maybe those aircraft are replacement fragments that can't show up with the parent because the parent's location does not qualify for replacements.

Yes, there is the HQ at Noumea, but the fragment should not show up because there are currently insufficient supplies. Also, there are no aircraft showing up. I am going to try to trace the squadron back to the pilot - i think he is in two places at once... edit - also, the squadron is at a location that does qualify for replacements...

rtrapasso -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 5:01:53 PM)

Yup - the squadron attacking (and shooting down) the Japanese bombers is from a squadron not on the map yet, and the pilot is now my top gun. Not sure how the squadron is not there as it WAS present before, and i don't recall withdrawing it.

Strange...

Speedysteve -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 6:46:23 PM)

It's fate my friend.

Pompack is threatening Noumea in your game and has taken it in my game. As such the Pac War gods have given you some ghost planes.....wooooooo

rtrapasso -> RE: Mystery Fighters over Noumea - POMPACKS ALLOWED! (2/1/2006 7:43:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

It's fate my friend.

Pompack is threatening Noumea in your game and has taken it in my game. As such the Pac War gods have given you some ghost planes.....wooooooo

Apparently after subtracting a squadron...[8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI