Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

John Galt -> Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 2:28:18 AM)

What is the difference between a scout team and a recon patrol, other than the number of men?

Goblin -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 2:33:42 AM)

The scout team is usually slightly faster.

Goblin

Alby -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 3:11:32 AM)

and harder to spot I would think, if they move slow

John Galt -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 5:12:37 AM)

do you think the fact that there are only 2 scouts makes them less detectable than the 4 man patrol?

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 6:40:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Galt

do you think the fact that there are only 2 scouts makes them less detectable than the 4 man patrol?

Only if there is a Size difference between the two units. With a few exceptions, the two units are the same Size (Size 0), and should have the same chance of remaining unseen. Also, most have the same speed, so the only real difference is that the 2-man Team can fit into more vehicles than the 4-man Patrol.

KG Erwin -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 7:25:13 AM)

In my Marine OOB, a two-man patrol has a speed of 12. The Four-man patrol has a speed of 11.

With C & C OFF, the 2-man teams are useful as forward scouts -- that's their intention, to detect the enemy's presence, and return to HQ to report.

I tend to buy 4-man patrols. They are slightly slower, but can offer a quick shot if fired upon and then disappear into the jungle. All scouts can upgrade to the Scout/Snipers of 1943 and beyond.

Think about this, though -- radios in WII were bulky instruments, so I can't imagine either of these units schlepping a radio. So, for C & C ON players, you shouldn't expect them to be able to call in arty or air strikes.

Puukkoo -> RE: Scout Team or Recon Patrol? (2/4/2006 1:52:02 PM)

I think scout teams tend to do the same business much more non-expensively than the recon patrols. You don't lose too valuable units if their mission is only to spot the enemy.

Recon Patrols are more useful if they are facing an enemy that has lower exp/mor ratings. A good patrol is roughly equal in combat with an inferior squad.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI