RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

redcoat -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/5/2006 7:02:13 PM)

My first choice would be ... er ... Age of Rifles.

My second choice would be another classic, Red Baron.

They may be old DOS games, but I still play them both.

P.S. A small group of enthusiasts are designing a free game inspired by Age of Rifles which covers warfare between 1700 and 1900. They expect to release a 'demo' before Christmas. Further details can be found at the Wargamer's Forum in the very long Franco-Prussian War (1870-71) games? thread.

m10bob -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/5/2006 9:54:24 PM)

I also liked the old classic "Castles", which came with a really nice BBC video, a tour of....castles!(I love chrome)..The tactical battle segment however was atrocious and totally unequal to the rest of the program.Kinda like an early PC game married to parts of an Atari 2600 game!.
I love the whole Medieval genre..Knights...Vikings...Robin Hood...King Arthur....etc...

m10bob -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/7/2006 2:45:44 PM)

"Spaceward Ho" was a neat beer and pretzels space conquest game which allowed planet exploration/colonization, and spaceship design..Is there another out there that provides this??.I don't know...

Vyshka -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/7/2006 9:00:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I also liked the old classic "Castles", which came with a really nice BBC video, a tour of....castles!(I love chrome)..The tactical battle segment however was atrocious and totally unequal to the rest of the program.Kinda like an early PC game married to parts of an Atari 2600 game!.
I love the whole Medieval genre..Knights...Vikings...Robin Hood...King Arthur....etc...

Have you given Stronghold a try?

Maliki -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/8/2006 1:51:15 AM)

I've said it before..

X-Com,X-Com,X-Com..Age of Rifles ,Age of Rifles,Age of Rifles.

If i ever hit the Lotto i will make sure that one of the two above titles get into Matrixes greedy liitle mitts in their quest for wargammer dominatiion.Just remember old doesn't mean cheap.Just put in a bid for the X-Com franchise and you'll see.[:D]

ravinhood -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/8/2006 2:05:45 AM)

I wanna space empires game where I can fly a spaceship using the Freelancer space combat engine, land on planets and explore them in 3D using the Starflight idea and conquer empire(s) (continously) with a flucuating economy and the ability to build space stations AND bases and armadas of fleets using the X3 series of games. That includes the ability to play Bounty hunters, Pirates/Rogues, Galaxy Police or military and/or do unlimited quest missions as a civilian and also have the ability to join the Darkside of any galaxy conflicts. ;) Nevah happen, but, it's a great idea for the most epic space empires game of them all. :)

m10bob -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/11/2006 12:49:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vyshka

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Have you given Stronghold a try?

Stronghold?..No, I have never really heard of it..Thank you, I will look for it and read the reviews..Thank you..........[:)]

LitFuel -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/13/2006 6:24:17 PM)

1. Great Naval Battles
2. X-Com
3. Age of Rifles

ezzler -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/13/2006 8:44:08 PM)

For the remakes...

UFO Extraterestrials is coming up for release soon.. an XCOM style game.
Brigade E5 is released now.. really jagged alliance 3. I haven't played either yet look good on sites.

Games that I wish I could still run

Grandest Fleet
Age of Rifles
Master of Magic
MOO 1 or 2
Theatre Europe
Sim Canada Kriegsmarine
Midway

ParachuteProne -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/15/2006 8:09:11 PM)

How about an old board game

Sniper - by Avalon hill - small level stuff - room clearing tactics etc.

or

Renegade legion interceptor - SSI - turn based space combat at the fighter level

Would like to see Flight commander II updated as well.

Mark

hank -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/15/2006 11:57:50 PM)

I am going to have to look in on this "Age of Rifles" game ... oops said those 3 words again.

Mechwarrior ... whatever happened to it?  I played on-line about a year ago and there was still a lot of people playing but mainly on specific nights of the week.  Some days you had a hard time finding opponents.

Some off-the-wall games I've had at one time or another:

Heavy Gear ... this one just dropped off the map several years ago but then I saw an arcade version

Armored Fist ... anyone play this before?  More of an arcade tank sim (steelbeasts is a better tank sim)

Ground Control ... I'd like to see this one turbo charged with more complexity and scenario's

Andy_PZ -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/22/2006 11:32:14 AM)

X-COM, I am playing it at the moment but its in a tiny window! Cant seem to enlarge it.... If somebody made an up to date Xcom it would go to number 1 guaranteed! (i think)

ravinhood -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/23/2006 10:13:12 AM)

Try Alt+Enter or Alt+Z to enlarge the window.

jimi3 -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/23/2006 8:56:24 PM)

No question about it,
Action Stations-best naval sim ever
Age of Rifles with expansions-I really miss this one

augustus -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/25/2006 4:16:11 AM)

THE GREAT NAVAL BATTLES SERIES!!!! Whoever first put that on this thread is a bloody genius.

I'll also put my vote in for:

Age of Rifles + expansions (duh)
Kingmaker (a unique game that never got the attention it deserves)

Those are at the top of my list, but if I gave myself time I could think of so, so many more. It's the only sad thing about the advancement of computer technology--the new tech can't always deal with the old games, and the good old games aren't always replaced by equally good new games.

Tim Coakley -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/28/2006 4:27:29 PM)

AGE OF RIFLES:

For those that chose AoR....what features of the game do you like best and would like to see in a new game?

bartholimew -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (11/28/2006 5:54:53 PM)

Hey remember the blood games. Captain Blood and its sequel Commander blood. How bout a commodore blood? Kind of weird (french designed) surrealistic sci fi game where you wander the galaxy. Used alot of puppet animations looked pretty good on my first pentium.

Stardog -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (12/18/2006 9:13:50 PM)

I hope I'm not too late for some imput on this topic.
But let me first say that MATRIX does a outstanding job!
I fully support them and plan on spending more $$ on there products in the future on what ever they decide to develope.My hats off the them! O.K. now......
Do you guys remember SSI's TANK'S it was fantastic and a great hot seat game!!
How's about SSG's PANZER BATTLES & ALL the other battle types with this format/engine.I have yet to play KORSUN POCKET by Matrix/SSG But its on my to play list.
Theses are not computer games but it would be great if they were turned in to one Avalon Hills
PANZER LEADER & PANZER BLITZ Man was that some fun!! Whole saturdays melted into sundays playing thoses two.
I also second/third/forth/fifth the MOO (Masters of Orion) remake! The MOO 2 & 3 were good they just got more complex less flow to the game.But these are just some of a old wargamers pipe dreams..phuff --- phuff ---- smoke ---- smoke..

m10bob -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (12/30/2006 4:12:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Coakley

AGE OF RIFLES:

For those that chose AoR....what features of the game do you like best and would like to see in a new game?

I think we all liked the force/campaign generator and the fact the game alloowed weapons ranging from the late 1600's to early 20th century..
Very much liked the tactical scale and ability to uniform the troops in historic garb.
It needed more soundtracks...The "Native Americans" were forced to use music from what sounded like either "Shaka Zulu", or an old Tarzan flick!..[:D]

jardail -> RE: What old games should Matrix snap up next (1/3/2007 4:42:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: watchtower

As matrix have grabbed the talonsoft stuff - what next?

For me.

Sid's Colonization, Jagged alliance 2, great battles, sid's Gettysburg, Wizards crown SSi(?).......ooh i could go on and on[8D]

Starship Troopers definately needs to be looked at seriously!

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI