Week of 2/13 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

zowee77 -> Week of 2/13 (2/11/2006 11:22:36 PM)

Erik,

Will the downloadable version of the game be available this upcoming week? I would think by now you have determined a release date for at least the downloadable version.

Breeze -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/12/2006 8:42:42 AM)

I predict it will come out on February 22.

That's a gut feeling, nothing more.

Maliki -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/12/2006 9:05:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breeze

I predict it will come out on February 22.

That's a gut feeling, nothing more.

Someone did tease mid-Feb.With it being the shortest month though..

I think something was said about after the gone gold announcement then another week,so you probably have it on the money.

The closer to March it gets without the announcement the more blood thirsty the denzins of the board will become.

I kind of expect the actual release of the game to be almost the same as WiTP,anti-climatic,with people popping onto the board one day and going"Well geez its out.Guess i'll order it then".[;)]

zowee77 -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/12/2006 9:21:12 PM)

Good point. You would at least think at this point they would annouce when the downloadable version of the game would be available.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/12/2006 10:04:51 PM)

I think most gamers are used to the schedules followed by the mainstream publishers, which are aimed at retail distribution. Based on those schedules, the gap between gold master and retail shelf can be 4-6 weeks due to physical production times and distribution snags. However, that pretty much means that 4-6 weeks before release, someone can say "this game is going to be out in a month".

In our case, that gap is much smaller. We don't see any reason to keep you all waiting an additional 4-6 weeks, so we often have only a few days between gold master and release. In a few cases, it's been as little as a day if previous release candidates were well tested and stable.

To make a long story short, I've been working on finishing the GM this week and weekend. It looks likely that I'll have it finished and ready for final checks by tonight. That makes a release by Wednesday (15th) likely. If there's a final snag of some kind, I still couldn't see this pushed back beyond next Monday or Tuesday (20th/21st). So, like I said - a release in February is certain, mid-February is likely.

Believe me when I say we have no reason to want to hold release info back, we're just waiting to be sure before giving out the exact date - we're not sitting on the finished gold master and throwing darts at a calendar... [;)]

Regards,

- Erik

zowee77 -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/12/2006 11:19:54 PM)

Erik,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to hope that it will be Wednesday[&o](Please) that will make for an awesome week. I don't want you to think that I am making any accusations that you are just sitting on anything. I know all of you guys are working hard to make this happen. It just has been a long wait and we are all quite excited about the release.

Maliki -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/13/2006 8:37:33 AM)

I'm not complaining either.

I can and can't wait for the release.If that makes any sense.

Its been such a long time since i played a football game that i enjoyed.I was never a Madden fan.I never played FBPro or some of the other games mentioned here often,did try the demo for Front Office Football and wasn't my thing,I was a big fan of the QB Club and Tecmo series of games(in my own opinion the latter took a step backwards with their last release for the PlayStation..but was their best effort graphically and playwise).So if it seems that i'm impatient(not that it matters) well this game seems to promise the type of football game that i have been looking foward to,and never thought would be made.

rroberson -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/13/2006 6:05:41 PM)

So on wednesday I need to tell my WITP opponents Ill be kinda busy [:D]

Marauders -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/13/2006 7:14:36 PM)

Thanks for the update, Erik.

A few days will not make or break the game, so please try to make sure the manual is clean.

frunky -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/13/2006 7:52:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

A few days will not make or break the game, so please try to make sure the manual is clean.

[:-]
that'll make the wait longer

Marauders -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/13/2006 10:16:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: frunky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

[:-]
that'll make the wait longer

OK, at least make sure the PRINTED manual is clean. [:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/14/2006 6:08:56 AM)

We are working on one last installer issue, the installation of this game is actually fairly complex compared to our other titles. At this point I think we're likely to schedule the release date for Monday the 20th to make sure nothing slips through trying to rush for Wednesday. I expect we'll post an announcement tomorrow night with the release date one way or the other.

Regards,

- Erik

David Winter -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/14/2006 6:15:43 AM)

Erik and I have had a lot of email back and forth on this one over the past 72 hours. My game does some things differently than they're used to. I'm afraid I've been very frustrating for them in this regard. Now's probably not a good time to mention anything about Maximum-Hockey LOL [:D]

Magnum357 -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/14/2006 7:03:55 AM)

Hey David, if you ever do make a Maximum Hockey game, please add International style or College style rules. I've never been a huge fan of the NHL rules, especially over the last few years. [8|]

Shaggyra -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/28/2006 4:24:49 PM)

Too much fun!!!!!!

Sonny -> RE: Week of 2/13 (2/28/2006 5:37:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Erik and I have had a lot of email back and forth on this one over the past 72 hours. My game does some things differently than they're used to. I'm afraid I've been very frustrating for them in this regard. Now's probably not a good time to mention anything about Maximum-Hockey LOL [:D]

Then how about Maximum Lacrosse?[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI