Scouting/Filmroom (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist

QBPR -> Scouting/Filmroom (2/15/2006 6:02:26 PM)

It would be great to have a scouting or filmroom section in the game. Create the ability for a coach in a league to choose to "tape" an opponents game. The tape would be a file with a record of the opponents game, could be as simple as a play call output with down/distance, quarter, time left, and results of each play. Or if you could devise a way for the file to be imported into the game and actually replay the game through a VCR like interface.

Keeping these "tapes" in individual files I think would be key because a coach could keep archives of his opponents, share the "tapes" with other coaches, etc...

These files would also allow modders to create utilities to show tendencies, stats, percentages, and the like.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: Scouting/Filmroom (2/19/2006 2:03:46 AM)

THATS A GREAT IDEA

Marauders -> RE: Scouting/Filmroom (2/19/2006 4:35:36 AM)

quote:

Create the ability for a coach in a league to choose to "tape" an opponents game. The tape would be a file with a record of the opponents game, could be as simple as a play call output with down/distance, quarter, time left, and results of each play. Or if you could devise a way for the file to be imported into the game and actually replay the game through a VCR like interface.

Recording the output generated by the plays may be something that can be done. Recording a full 3D game would take up a huge amount of hard drive space.

In our league, our coaches have always scouted teams by watching as many games live as one can.

GWsFBAStartOct292006 -> RE: Scouting/Filmroom (3/7/2006 9:24:54 PM)

AWESOME IDEA!!!

SOMETHING AT LEAST AT ESPNNFL '2005 LEVEL!

Magnum357 -> RE: Scouting/Filmroom (3/8/2006 2:30:48 AM)

Actually, I think I recall that David might be working on adding something like this. Not sure if it can be done, but having the ability to record and enitres games worth of plays would be extremely useful for Internet Commish SIM type leagues.

GWsFBAStartOct292006 -> RE: Scouting/Filmroom (3/8/2006 4:18:42 PM)

Sorry, I was just thinking of ESPNNFL '2005's scouting feature; not F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98's feature of saving games and plays or all scoring plays, to be able store them or trade them.

Sorry, if it seems that I am constantly bring up F.P.S.: F.B.P. '98 just that to me it was the greatest FootBall Game ever created. I have tryed all major ones, even gave up on playing real FootBall and went to the dark side* and JOINED THE EAS CUSTOMERS* and have every single one in the F.P.S. series.

*Only for the stupid, followers and do not truely understand what FootBall really is about, I fit in the first-two but was an grumpy unsatisfied playing EAS FootBall Games, because I am a ex-FootBall player and ex-coach. In my defense, for which there is next to no defense for, I was playing with a few of my younger family members, the ONLY positive from that Dark stage of my playing FootBall Gaming was that it inspired me to create my company.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI