Question about player size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

nmleague -> Question about player size (2/15/2006 8:28:49 PM)

Just wondering if all players in the game are the size, or if the size of the figures has some variety based on the player height and weight? Do 6'6" 300 lb offensive tackles look the same as 5'8'' 200 lb RB/REC?

wheeljack12 -> RE: Question about player size (2/15/2006 9:29:24 PM)

that is a good question. Because I would also like to know if the attributes represent the players looks on the field as well as the skills and body towards game play?

Jennifer L. Winter -> RE: Question about player size (2/16/2006 7:00:22 AM)

To answer your question:

Height and weight are used for the physics engine of the game. However due to scaling problems and just odd looking players (read Madden seven inch linebacker).

Had you asked David a year ago, the answer would have been yes. Unfortunately the scaling algorithm that he created did not look natural, so he decided that it was better to have no scaling than to have unnatural looking players.

Marauders -> RE: Question about player size (2/16/2006 10:31:54 PM)

quote:

Had you asked David a year ago, the answer would have been yes. Unfortunately the scaling algorithm that he created did not look natural, so he decided that it was better to have no scaling than to have unnatural looking players.

I remember going over this in the old forums, and I thought is was worked out.

So there are no longer scaled players in graphics, or does that just mean that the scaling is not based on the hight and weight statistics?

Jennifer L. Winter -> RE: Question about player size (2/16/2006 10:56:06 PM)

There are currently no scaled player graphics.

Breeze -> RE: Question about player size (2/17/2006 4:50:21 AM)

Better to have no scaling than bad scaling...I remember in Madden 2001, I drafted a tackle who weighed 305 pounds but was only 5'11". Boy did he look weird. He was pretty good though.

Marauders -> RE: Question about player size (2/17/2006 7:18:42 AM)

quote:

Better to have no scaling than bad scaling...

David had three player sizes, but he went down to two after some feedback on the old forums. Linemen were larger, but everyone else was the same. He didn't like the lean scaled guys, so they were dropped at that time.

I guess David didn't like the big linemen either if we are down to one size fits all.

frunky -> RE: Question about player size (2/17/2006 7:34:26 AM)

Scaling also means the textures could look stretchy unless he scales everything evenly. I don't mind [:)]

David Winter -> RE: Question about player size (2/17/2006 8:24:32 AM)

To be clear.

Player models come in two sizes. A big linemen type, and everyone else (and the two are generated again for LOD purposes). So you do have different sized players.

What is no longer being done is the height of the players in relation to their database stored height. A player that is 5'4" and a player that is 6'4" and both are say, running backs, will look exactly the same on the 3D field as each other. I've removed the 3D model scale system for this because it looked hokey. I might go back and look at it later, but it's low on the to do list.

nmleague -> RE: Question about player size (2/17/2006 3:51:38 PM)

Thanks for the reply, glad to here there are two model sizes at least. It seems to me that back in the 90's FPS football was planning on one version with 3 different size player models, but never got around to it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI