what determines number of garrisons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Treefrog -> what determines number of garrisons (2/17/2006 11:55:57 PM)

When you defend in a detailed battle in a province you control, what determines the number of little garrisons, field works and forts you get?

Although I haven't kept track, my sense is that it is the number of troops you have in garrison in the city as opposed to the walls or guns developments. Anybody know?

Also, after a field battle, has anybody noticed if your city garrisons are depleted to reflect the casualties/surrenders taken during the field battle?

And when your garrisons surrender, do you get them back later during the post war prisoner exchange?

Wooglin -> RE: what determines number of garrisons (2/23/2006 6:29:10 PM)

As to your last question. I had city/province fall and then on the following day I moved in an army into the recently lost territory and won the battle. I then discovered two unattached militia units in the province. I think I saw a report that POWs were freed. With this experience I believe you should receive garrison units back at the time of peace.

ericbabe -> RE: what determines number of garrisons (2/23/2006 9:31:36 PM)

The number of forts in detailed combat gets is determined by a random number that is proportional to the number of Gun developments in the province.

The number of garrisons is proportional to the number of forts.

(In theory, there are enough garrisons to "cover" the walls of the forts using the ZOC movement rules for forts -- it sometimes doesn't work out to this theoretical number depending on the starting positions of other units.)

Hope that helps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI