Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

2Stepper -> Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/19/2006 4:26:43 PM)

The problem is moving Resources and Oil as the IJN. Predominately Resources have been the instances when this shows up. The TF that's set to take resources out of an area proceeds to unload them again without prompting after a return destination was set.
Here's an example. I set an AK task force in say Tobali, off Sumatra and set them to load up Resources for return to Japan. They load happily for about two-three turns and immediately proceed to unload them again. This being AFTER having a "return" mission set to take them home.

EDIT: Just for info's sake, this occured in 1.6, and even more regularly in 1.795 which is where we're patched to.

Its puzzling. Is there something I'm missing in doing this? [&:] Maybe... That or I need to change to some more agressive commanders, but I'm really in the dark. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to bare noting. It "may" be a bug, but I suspect I'm missing something a bit simpler in way of procedure that's always been kinda "down in the weeds" to me.

Any insights?

bilbow -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/19/2006 10:42:14 PM)

Whenever I load up anything, I will set the TF to "do not unload". Then if I haven't given it a destination it will just sit there waiting for orders, but still loaded.

2Stepper -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/20/2006 3:31:51 PM)

That's the sticky part of this. When it happens? A destination WAS given. Its almost as though the group skipper says... "Ya know? Tokyo can live without its Resources today, lets unload this again."

Cause the destination resets to the place it was at and they unload.

The "do not unload" toggle seems to alleviate this, but it does call for a lot more intervention on my part.

Ramjet -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/21/2006 5:16:29 AM)

That is odd 2stepper. I have never seen that and I play exclusively as the Rising Sun. Are your TF's computer controlled? Are they set for "Patrol", or "Retirement allowed"? For resource carring missions, I use "cargo" type TF's. For supply carring missions, I use "transports". I always set the "to" destination before I even assign the TF to load anything.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/21/2006 11:44:05 AM)

quote:

EDIT: Just for info's sake, this occured in 1.6, and even more regularly in 1.795 which is where we're patched to.

I have got the same problem in a 1.6 started PBEM, ships are reluctant to load resources and oil, you give them a destination, tell them to load resources and next turn they are unloaded without a destination. Only giving them the "do not unload command" seems to help..

I have the same problem with loading troops, sometimes they do not load, the game says "loading troops" but nothing happens. Funny thing, when I change setting from "loading troops" to not loading and BACK to loading, the transports suddenly fill up with troops ....[&:][&:][&:]

joliverlay -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/22/2006 2:28:14 AM)

I know this problem only to well. I send a tanker and transport to Rabul to load oil and resouces for India in the first week of the war. My tanker loads and sails on to its destination. However, my transport loads and unloads in the same turn. My feeling is that this happens only if the transport does not fill up. I set load and at the next turn it is empty and back to unload. When there is more stuff available, it seems to work better.

Another problem. I order a big TF at LA to load 1 group of P-39s and then supplies with destination set to Brisbane. After several turns I notice it does not load anything except the aircraft nor does it move. I order it to unload. Nothing. I order it to disband. Nothing. I split off ships one at a time and disband the singles until i get two that are stuck. One empty and one with the planes. Neither will disband. Still working on it. Darn I need those 60 P39s for the air show in Brisbane. Big Mac will be there!

2Stepper -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/22/2006 3:13:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ramjet

That is odd 2stepper. I have never seen that and I play exclusively as the Rising Sun. Are your TF's computer controlled? Are they set for "Patrol", or "Retirement allowed"? For resource carring missions, I use "cargo" type TF's. For supply carring missions, I use "transports". I always set the "to" destination before I even assign the TF to load anything.

One thing of note too is this is a TRANSPORT TF that I'm setting up. Perhaps thats errant? By that it should be something else? Because these are all TF's controlled by me. The only thing that's "on" is the Auto-Convoy system. So unless this is the AI taking over my other TF's "partially" it might have to do with TF mission type.

Will watch more and experiment a bit.

medicff -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/22/2006 2:58:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bilbow

Whenever I load up anything, I will set the TF to "do not unload". Then if I haven't given it a destination it will just sit there waiting for orders, but still loaded.

The unloading has been an intermittant problem from the beginning - resources, oil, supplies, fuel, troops. I always use "do not unload" as this will alleviate (or work around) the problem.

Arkady -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (2/23/2006 3:14:28 PM)

I'm playing from the start exclusively as Japan and never heave this type of problem....switch off auto-convoy system and set everything to Human Control (Areas and involved TF)....maybe you left Computer in command somewhere...

Charbroiled -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (3/3/2006 6:09:13 PM)

I have noticed the same problem. I figured it was a small bug, or Union Longshoremen.

My solution: Do not assign a destination.....set the base I am loading at as "home"....set TF to "Do not Unload". I check the TF every turn. Once it is loaded (or loaded as much as I want it to be), I set a destination for unloading (and stop loading if it isn't completely full). The next turn...after the ship leaves port, I change it to "Unload".

It is a little more micro-management, but I got tired for telling a ship to load oil, only to find it was unloading the oil it just loaded the turn before.

(P.S. I never use auto-convoy or computer control)

RUPD3658 -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (7/12/2006 11:12:38 PM)

It is a bug of sorts. If there is less oil/resourse at the base then there is capacity on the TK/AK it will start to unload once there is no more to load. It will also reset it's destination to the base it is at.

Simple solution is not to order loading unless there is enough to fill the ship.

Mike Solli -> RE: Bug? Maybe. Nuisance? DEFINITELY! (7/12/2006 11:26:13 PM)

I've found that if you set the TF to "do not unload", it will not unload fuel if the port runs out prior to the TF filling up.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI