A Serious Question For Matrix & David (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Suicane -> A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 7:23:58 AM)

Why on earth would you make a statement such as "the game has gone gold" when it's so very clear that that was not the case? Unless i'm missing something, that term means that the game is done. Ready to ship.

In the past few days you've used phrases such as "should be ready" "aiming for" and "hope to". Those are clear indications, whatever way you want to spin it, that the game had not in fact, "gone gold".

I hope this game gets released, I really do. Im ready to buy it. But again, as in the past, something happens at the last minute that anyone on the outside with an ounce of common sense could see coming from a mile away, just from the jargon used by the people involved.

I guess what i'm asking for is the truth. Whats the status of the game? whats the problem? is it really ready on any kind of palatable level?

elmerlee -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 7:49:03 AM)

I'm sorry people but I have now completely given up on this product.The only smart move now is to wait for a month or so after release and see if the bugs are ironed out.No way the fisrt release can be worth its salt.

How did a well respected company like Matrix get involved in such a sloppy situation as Maximum Football??????

They maybe should have stuck with a legend like Steel Panthers.

Shaggyra -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 8:24:48 AM)

I would like to know the answer also.

pslamp32 -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 8:30:31 AM)

Almost every game I've ever bought for PC have had bugs on release. Isn't that what patches are for?

Shaggyra -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 8:35:42 AM)

The cool thing is that we are getting a patch before it is even released![:'(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 4:55:28 PM)

The game did go gold, but testing continues after that point. In a retail release situation, the game would already have gone to duplication and would be released with the issue. In our situation, some production work was continuing - exactly as I stated. We had some problems with the complex installer and with Digital River's schedule that meant the release wouldn't be before Tuesday.

In the meantime, this issue came up and all of us gave up a lot of sleep in an effort to figure it out and get it resolved by Tuesday night. We reluctantly realized that it would take a bit longer. We didn't want to announce a new estimate until we could discuss in detail with David. Since he's three hours behind us and works a day job, that meant that we didn't have what we felt was a final, informed position until late last night.

I expect we'll take a lot of flak for delaying the release a few days. Frankly, I'd rather do this than release it with an issue that we found and should fix. Companies get trashed regularly on discussion boards for releasing on time but with problems and then dropping support. That's not our plan, but gamers need to get past the disappointment of the delay and realize that this is for everyone's benefit. A more solid release is one you will all enjoy more and one which will get better reviews, drawing more players into the game for you all to play with. We've done exactly the opposite that most companies would do these days and we plan to continue to support this game after release.

So, I realize the disappointment, I share it, but this is the right call to make and we're working in good faith behind the scenes to get this resolved ASAP. Our estimate after a detailed discussion is that the delay will be a few days, not longer. We'll keep you apprised each evening on our day's work and announce if the issue is resolved or not.

Regards,

- Erik

Shaggyra -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 5:02:45 PM)

Thank you Erik for your reply. I would rather have you wait a few days to get it right.

Please understand that we are all disappointed and sometimes we will need to vent. I hope nobody takes it as personal attacks, but I can see where they coule feel that way.

Thanks again

Jennifer L. Winter -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 5:04:45 PM)

Shag,

I understand that you need to vent, but if you feel you need to vent, perhaps do it (not you specifically) in another, more constructive way.

See my thread in this forum.

Toddzilla -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 6:52:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra
Thank you Erik for your reply. I would rather have you wait a few days to get it right.
A few days is certainly reasonable, but at what point did this wait go beyond the appropriate use of the term "days"?

dwinston -> RE: A Serious Question For Matrix & David (2/22/2006 8:05:29 PM)

Erik,

Thanks for the update.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI