Most Anticipated upcoming releases (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

scout1 -> Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/4/2006 10:17:08 PM)

What are your most anticipated upcoming releases .....

Mine are (not in order)

operational art of war
BotR
Combined Arms
WiF

iaidoka2 -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/4/2006 10:56:55 PM)

COTA

Zap -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 12:29:07 AM)

ME too!
quote:

ORIGINAL: iaidoka2

COTA

JeF -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 12:06:49 PM)

Conquest of the Aegean. Who's not waiting for it ? [;)]

JeF.

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 4:11:20 PM)

This spring:

- COTA - already so long overdue, that if I wasn't a hardcore wargame fan, I'd probably forget about this game at all [:D]

- Distant Guns - have a preview copy and I know it's going to be a blast (it is already)

- Red Orchestra - most realistic first person war game ever (and it will have drivable tanks), online only, no solo play

- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - now I just KNOW this one is going to be dissapointing and stupid, and will 5uXX, and won't be a shadow of the original GR (if it even gets released for PC at all) but I'll be giving it a chance anyway, because I loved the original GR so much

Come to think of it none of these is turn based [X(] What is happening to me? Or the games? [8D]

O.

Hartford688 -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 4:34:40 PM)

Red Orchestra
WiF
BFTB

wodin -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 5:52:23 PM)

In no order

COTA
WiF
Red Orchestra
LnL PC version

ShermanM4 -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 7:08:51 PM)

quote:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - now I just KNOW this one is going to be dissapointing and stupid, and will 5uXX, and won't be a shadow of the original GR (if it even gets released for PC at all) but I'll be giving it a chance anyway, because I loved the original GR so much

Why do you say that? I saw the screenshots, and it is going to PC. It looked like it was going to be like the original to me. By the way, is Full Spectrum Warrior anything like Ghost Recon? I have too agree the original Ghost Recon was fantastic. I especially loved how neither yourself nor the ai bots could run a million-miles-per hour. If you ran out in the open, you were likely to get shot.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 7:57:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4

quote:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - now I just KNOW this one is going to be dissapointing and stupid, and will 5uXX, and won't be a shadow of the original GR (if it even gets released for PC at all) but I'll be giving it a chance anyway, because I loved the original GR so much

Why do you say that? I saw the screenshots, and it is going to PC. It looked like it was going to be like the original to me. By the way, is Full Spectrum Warrior anything like Ghost Recon? I have too agree the original Ghost Recon was fantastic. I especially loved how neither yourself nor the ai bots could run a million-miles-per hour. If you ran out in the open, you were likely to get shot.

I have to agree with Oleg. From what I've seen of this game, it is very arcadey and, dare I say it, consolish!! I was hoping for more (and still am) but deep down, I think, in the world of PC strategy FPS, it's going to be the biggest let down since England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003! (just a wee dig to my English buddies there [:'(] ). You can always tell a game designed for console and moved to PC. For example, I've bought, recently, TOCA Race Driver 3 (it's fun for a "fire up and go" game) and there is absolutely no mouse support...you spot that right away...after that, there are all sorts of things that send the "console" signals to your brain.

I won't buy it until I've read what gamers have to say...in particular, people who liked the original. Now that was a tough game...and beautiful to boot! I wish I hadn't got rid of my copy!

Sorry...back on topic!

My most anticipated are :
HoI2 Doomsday
COTA
BftB

Hertston -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/5/2006 9:18:50 PM)

Armed Assault (perhaps not imminent, but just looks SO good), and COTA.

I was a big Ghost Recon fan too, but I have no hopes for Advanced Warfighter at all. It will bear no resemblance to the first one any more than Lockdown does to Rogue Spear and Raven Shield - they are just churning out kiddie-console games now (next stop, and I kid you not, Rainbow 6: Vegas)!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShermanM4

By the way, is Full Spectrum Warrior anything like Ghost Recon?

Not really, its a third person tactical game rather than a third person shooter. Very good game though, I had it down as a poor console conversion until I tried it but its actually great fun, challenging, and surprising realistic.

Dave Vicks -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/6/2006 4:21:48 AM)

COTA,L'nL the NAM,MBT 2[:)]

ravinhood -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/6/2006 7:54:40 AM)

Galactic Civ II (just released)

Oblivion (Mar 20th)

Matrixgames Panzer Command (Erik said sometime in April)

Combat Mission Campaigns (who knows)

Lock n Load Band of Heroes computer version (hopefully this year)

Oh and in answer to the question "Who's not waiting for COTA? ME! ;)

JudgeDredd -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/6/2006 9:38:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
Oh and in answer to the question "Who's not waiting for COTA? ME! ;)

WOW![&:]

Each to their own, I suppose...unless, of course (penny drops) perhaps you're a BETA tester!

SeaMonkey -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/6/2006 9:42:18 PM)

I'll mention the one that hasn't been and add it is highest priority.

SC2 and its amazing TOAW like editor.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/6/2006 11:39:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

I'll mention the one that hasn't been and add it is highest priority.

SC2 and its amazing TOAW like editor.

What's this? Strategic Command 2? I looked at Strategic Command and didn't really like the interface. It looked a bit like World At War, which I didn't like...mostly because of the scale and time...3 month turns did not turn me on...and countries instead of regions and provinces. With the provinces and regions, there is another level of tactic.

SeaMonkey -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/7/2006 1:57:40 AM)

Its alright JD, SC may not be for everyone, but it is always worth a look, especially for free.

Try the demo, it'll be out soon.

Trigger Happy -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/7/2006 11:33:51 AM)

Of course COTA [8D]

palli -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/7/2006 2:00:55 PM)

Back in the old days I loved all the Talonsoft games so I look forward to the Matrix editions. And a few weeks gao I bought Wif (the boardgame) but right know I have not enough time (and space [;)]) to play it. So I would be happy about a Wif release in 2006.

palli

scout1 -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/8/2006 8:20:18 AM)

quote:

So I would be happy about a Wif release in 2006.

Would be nice, but me thinks more likely to be the 1st-2nd Qtr 07 realistically. Massive game. Anxiously awaiting ...

Froonp -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/8/2006 12:33:53 PM)

Most Anticipated upcoming releases ?
MWiF, MWiF, MWiF, MWiF !
[:D]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/14/2006 9:52:26 AM)

for me, I would have to say Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

oh, guess that means I better get back to work

[:-]

Raverdave -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/14/2006 10:44:27 AM)

The New War in Russia and ACW. Not too sure about BtR as I would have prefered to see it redone with a new engine rather than have the old one tweeked.

CJMello63 -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/17/2006 5:09:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

This spring:

- COTA - already so long overdue, that if I wasn't a hardcore wargame fan, I'd probably forget about this game at all [:D]

- Distant Guns - have a preview copy and I know it's going to be a blast (it is already)

- Red Orchestra - most realistic first person war game ever (and it will have drivable tanks), online only, no solo play

- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - now I just KNOW this one is going to be dissapointing and stupid, and will 5uXX, and won't be a shadow of the original GR (if it even gets released for PC at all) but I'll be giving it a chance anyway, because I loved the original GR so much

Come to think of it none of these is turn based [X(] What is happening to me? Or the games? [8D]

O.

GR was delayed yet again. Possibly due to a sucky RS latest release. RIght now, besides GR I am looking fwd to:

COTA
WiF

Sarge -> RE: Most Anticipated upcoming releases (3/17/2006 5:23:13 AM)

1) Panzer Command

2) CM Campaigns

3) Les Grognards

That will keep me busy for awhile [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI