Fixes/Patches (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

football man -> Fixes/Patches (3/5/2006 6:31:40 PM)

I'm wondering if one of the mods can tell me if the fixes David works on will be built into the game on disc for physical shipment or if they will have to be downloaded seperately from the web?

David Winter -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/5/2006 8:23:30 PM)

All fixes and patches will be done via download.

I will have to defer to Matrix to tell you what/when updated versions get on to the physical CD. I don't know how often they produce new disks..

David

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/5/2006 9:11:27 PM)

football man,

The updates will all be available here for download. The initial physical copies will be the same as the release version. In general, whenever we update the full version available through the store, the physical copies are updated within a week or two after that to the same version.

Regards,

- Erik

football man -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/7/2006 5:55:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

football man,

The updates will all be available here for download. The initial physical copies will be the same as the release version. In general, whenever we update the full version available through the store, the physical copies are updated within a week or two after that to the same version.

Regards,

- Erik

Do I understand this to mean that if I wait a couple of weeks after a patch becomes available, I will be able to buy a boxed version of Max FB that has the patches included as part of the game on disc?

Marc von Martial -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/7/2006 12:03:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: football man

quote:

football man,

Regards,

- Erik

Do I understand this to mean that if I wait a couple of weeks after a patch becomes available, I will be able to buy a boxed version of Max FB that has the patches included as part of the game on disc?

Yep

Lions -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 7:23:15 AM)

Erik,

I don't own many PC games but does this mean after I get the physical game the game will come with new patches. Will I have to download to get more patches as the game peformance improves until MF 2 comes out?

David Winter -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 8:08:41 AM)

Yes.

The patches however are small compared to the full game. I have sent off my patch candidate tonight to Erik and it's only about 10MB as compared to the 100 for the full install.

Magnum357 -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 10:42:39 AM)

Hey David, got a question. Are you planning to keep up dating this game with patches over a long period of time, or are you planning a cut off date on the patches like EA Sports seems to always do. They plan for one maybe 2 patches then thats it. [8|] I hope you don't do the same thing here as I think this game might needs several Patches. I know you are a buisness man, but I hope there will be more then just one patch.

palli -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 11:35:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Hey David, got a question. Are you planning to keep up dating this game with patches over a long period of time, or are you planning a cut off date on the patches like EA Sports seems to always do. They plan for one maybe 2 patches then thats it. [8|] I hope you don't do the same thing here as I think this game might needs several Patches. I know you are a buisness man, but I hope there will be more then just one patch.

I´m not David but I´m pretty sure that the game will get more then one patch. I will wait until the game is more stable and/or a Demo is available before I buy it.

palli

GWsFBAStartOct292006 -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 5:24:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: football man

quote:

football man,

Regards,

- Erik

Yep

I thought in earlier post you were posting that after weeks of release to the stores, that the patches will come on the same CD-Rom that the game comes on. Is that true?

Also, what stores?

I noticed when I was download a copy, that it contains F.P.S.:F.B.P. series files (I think '98 version) how is that legally possible, without licensing??

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 5:49:47 PM)

GWsFBA,

quote:

ORIGINAL: GWsFBAStartOct292006
I thought in earlier post you were posting that after weeks of release to the stores, that the patches will come on the same CD-Rom that the game comes on. Is that true?

Also, what stores?

I noticed when I was download a copy, that it contains F.P.S.:F.B.P. series files (I think '98 version) how is that legally possible, without licensing??

Maximum-Football is only available through our Online Store. It is not available elsewhere. Generally, after we update the version in the online store (which is noted in the full game description there), it takes about two weeks for that to transition to the physical copies that are printed in the "game on demand" process.

There are no files from other games in Maximum-Football. I'm really confused as to what you are talking about there.

Regards,

- Erik

GWsFBAStartOct292006 -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 6:07:46 PM)

Erik,

I guess you would know that. And I was mistaken?

Where EXACTLY is that typed there? I have read the official website and Matrix website info. on the game, many times, and must missed it.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 6:11:52 PM)

GWsFBA,

Are you asking about the availability of physical copies? I've posted that in the FAQ and updated it with new information periodically. If you mean as far as it being only available in our Online Store, that was mentioned in the press release announcing that it was available for sale and was also in the FAQ.

If you are asking about files from other games being included, I've seen the files in the released version and there were none from other games, so your report on that just plain confused me.

Regards,

- Erik

GWsFBAStartOct292006 -> RE: Fixes/Patches (3/8/2006 6:23:50 PM)

quote:

GWsFBA,

Are you asking about the availability of physical copies? I've posted that in the FAQ and updated it with new information periodically. If you mean as far as it being only available in our Online Store, that was mentioned in the press release announcing that it was available for sale and was also in the FAQ.

If you are asking about files from other games being included, I've seen the files in the released version and there were none from other games, so your report on that just plain confused me.

Regards,

- Erik

No, I knew about that. My problem is that I mixed what we are also exchanging about from the other thread-suddenly boxed version talked about and customer service representatives never knew, when I asked, before purchasing download. We are good on this thread.

Okay, i guess i just missread what I saw.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI