A Little Old School Action (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Old Coach -> A Little Old School Action (3/12/2006 7:02:35 PM)

The screenshots below show some action from a Tennessee intrasquad game. The team is actually what I call a "Best of the 50's" team because it includes some of the more famous or infamous players of that decade. I even have a player from 1946 on the squad. I'll do the same thing with some of the other SEC teams, especially Alabama. My lineups, for the most part, I get from lettermen's lists that I've found through Google search. I have a completed single wing playbook (you can download at FBMAX.com), but the playbook-work in progress- that UT is using here is a combination of the single wing and Straight T.

1) Herky Payne (77) surveys the defense before taking the snap.
2) Hank Lauricella rolls right looking for a receiver. Pass was completed at the 5 to Bill Anderson (15).
3) Hank Lauricella (27) looks for receiver. I think he was sacked on this play.

Old Coach

[image]local://upfiles/15153/B5DDF9A2DDBF4D71BDCD3016C5CEA616.jpg[/image]

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/13/2006 3:04:13 AM)

You know what I'd like to see on this forum,,an old school video. lol

zowee77 -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/13/2006 3:51:34 AM)

All I have to say Old Coach you are a man with taste[:)]

Old Coach -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/13/2006 9:50:35 PM)

CFL Fan 7,
Once I figure out how to use "FRAPS", I'll make a video of some of my action.

Old Coach

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/15/2006 5:45:34 AM)

Thank oyu, oh when you do...do you think you can show some CFL action

Magnum357 -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/15/2006 10:29:11 AM)

Hey Old Coach, I have heard of Fraps. Can it be used to record the game? Also, where do you find Fraps?

aysi -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/15/2006 11:31:34 AM)

what are the DBs doing in the last shot?

Old Coach -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/15/2006 12:09:45 PM)

I found FRAPS through Google and then downloaded it. As to what it can do, I'm not sure. I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

As to the DB's in the last screenshot- the defense is the standard 5-2 with the DB's in zone coverage. On the left side, I think, the LB and CB are trying to cover the TE, #20, but what the safety is doing is a mystery (player with his back to us running to the endzone). Maybe he's trying to find the restroom or the concession stands. The coverage was good enough that DE #87- Mike Stratton- breaks through and sacks Lauricella #27.

Old Coach

aysi -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/16/2006 10:10:25 AM)

yeah that DB with his back to the action looks dumb.But what strikes me as silly is there is a 6 to 3 ratio in DBs to WR and TEs and not one is between the QB and targets.This looks strange especially in a goal line situation

And whats 91 doing he has beaten the tackle should'nt he be after the QB

Old Coach -> RE: A Little Old School Action (3/16/2006 2:29:10 PM)

In a 5-2 defense you have 2 LB's and 4 DB's. It's hard to tell who's who in this screenshot because the orange numbers don't show up well. In this defense the DB's are in zone coverage and the LB's have read commands. 91, well I guess he and the OT are dancing to the Tennessee Waltz.

Old Coach

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI