Depth Chart (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Sonny -> Depth Chart (3/14/2006 5:51:01 PM)

How do you change the depth chart?

I tried clicking the position icon as stated in the manual - nothing happens. If I double click it the player info screen comes up but I can't change anything. Tried clicking the one of the players listed for the position I want to change but nothing happens there.

What am I doing wrong?[&:]

anash -> RE: Depth Chart (3/15/2006 1:54:09 AM)

You are doing it right, but something is wrong [;)]

When you click on the position it should pop open your roster, where you can select a player to insert.

Sonny -> RE: Depth Chart (3/15/2006 4:26:49 PM)

Well one thing that may be the problem is that I auto fill and then try to change what the computer has filled in. It always puts my kick returners as wide receivers. This is logical to some degree because so far the random draft for each of my teams produces kick returners who are better pass catchers than my wide receivers!

And while I am at it why can't the random draft pick TEs instead of SBs when the TE box is clicked? Would make things much easier.

gambler -> RE: Depth Chart (3/15/2006 4:38:55 PM)

I'm really not a fan of the Depth Chart system. I would much prefer a 'pull down drag and drop' system like found in Madden/NCAA Football but for each formation. This would have two effects. One, it'd be much less wear and tear on the ol mouse click finger. Two, it would let the CPU know who you want substituted if the starter goes down or gets tired. I really doubt this will be put in, but it's something I mentioned in the SUggestions/Wishlist forum.

Sonny -> RE: Depth Chart (3/15/2006 8:41:39 PM)

One bad thing about the depth chart is when you are trying to substitute a player the list of substitutes includes players on the field. It would be nice if you did not have to search to see if you were putting in someone who is already there. I guess this means you could have one player, say a linebacker, play all the linebacker positions! I'll have to give it a try next time.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: Depth Chart (3/16/2006 3:20:58 AM)

quote:

I guess this means you could have one player, say a linebacker, play all the linebacker positions! I'll have to give it a try next time.

-Actually one player can't start at the same time

Marauders -> RE: Depth Chart (3/16/2006 6:29:35 AM)

quote:

How do you change the depth chart?

Are you talking about changing the depth chart or replacing a player in the game?

The depth chart is set up in the team detail screen of the league - team tools menu of the Utility Set.

As far as I know, that works for every position other than the center - which shows linebackers and other players as depth replacements.

I am not sure what good the depth chart is when a player can be replaced by any other player by the coach, but it helps keep things in order if a player gets injured.

I would certainly have liked a player in / player out system like FBPro has, but this will have to do for now.

Sonny -> RE: Depth Chart (3/16/2006 7:00:32 PM)

I'm talking about changing the depth chart in the team editor/creator.

Since I don't want to got to every offensive and defensive play in the playbook and assign each player I auto-fill. But I don't like the fact that this puts my KRs in the offense as WRs. Every team I have randomly generated has the KRs with better catch and hands stats than the WRs. So I try clicking on the icon for WR (like it says in the manual) but noth ing happens. If I double click the attributes for the player at that position (a KR) come up but I cannot change anything. I tried clicking on the player in the depth chart list first and then on the icon and that does not work either.

The only way I can see around it is to delete the KRs and then auto-fill and then add two new players as KRs. Haven't tried it yet but is should work. I am afraid of what i will get with the new players because I tried deleting two players (SBs) and adding two TEs and got stats which were way lowser than the stats for the other players created by random draft.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: Depth Chart (3/17/2006 7:27:46 AM)

o

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI