Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

KanuckKicker -> Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 9:52:02 AM)

Obviously a simple work around is to disable dual monitor.

This is just a annoying little bug that show the difference between "amatureish" software and "polished / professional" software. Don't get me wrong - it is an amazing task that was done by Dave Winter to create this game and he obviously is extremely talented but this is not a "polished" piece of software and no matter how many patches are put out, it never will be. It is a cool concept but is it worth $40? To me - absolutely not. To others I guess it is.

VicKevlar -> RE: Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 3:47:32 PM)

Hello.....Maximum-Football does not support dual monitors. I believe this is mentioned in the readme file.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 4:07:04 PM)

KanuckKicker,

Quite a few games don't work well with dual monitor setups. I know that since I have such a setup too. Changing to single monitor mode before play is really a minor hassle and this is mentioned in the readme for known issues.

Regards,

- Erik

KanuckKicker -> RE: Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 5:06:31 PM)

Just to be clear... I don't expect all games to actually use the dual monitor (except maybe a flight sim or something) in a doubling sort of way - I would just expect that the game run at full screen on the primary monitor. I have many games and they all run that way. All EA sports games, FarCry, Doom, etc. etc. I do not know of any that crash while dual monitors are running.

At any rate... I didn't mean to be harsh... I think it is a really cool and unique game it is just glaringly obvious that it was created in amature manner and that should be reflected in the price.

Shaggyra -> RE: Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 5:15:42 PM)

I know that dual monitors aren't supported, but I do run mine that way. The game has not crashed on me yet and I can put it in CPU v CPU mode and watch it on the TV (one of my #2 monitors).

Erik Rutins -> RE: Dual Monitor Setup: Complete crash on game start (3/15/2006 9:06:12 PM)

Shaggyra, yes, it does work fine on some dual monitor setups, but not most so we have it as a known issue.

KanuckKicker, I guess what I don't understand is why dual monitor support is necessary. A small percentage of the gamer population runs dual monitors and switching to single display is about the same as the old "switch to 16 bit or 32 bit" recommendations.

As for price, the fact is that smaller games actually have to cost more to fund development than the mass-produced titles you see from a company like EA. It's true that they have far more resources to use on their games than we do, but the advantage we offer is that many of our titles (like M-F) address a need that is not being filled by a more mainstream game. In addition, we do listen to our customers and strive to not only fix reported issues but also take their feedback into account for new features and future designs.

Unfortunately, we don't think there's going to be a 100% dual monitor solution for this title. It's been in development for several years and rewriting parts of it to enable this is probably not a good decision since the work-around is so easy for folks with dual monitors. However, we do run dual monitor systems in the company and we do encourage developers to support that configuration, but it's not a mandatory item for release.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI