1.2.18 morale distribution for countries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback

DonOlms -> 1.2.18 morale distribution for countries (3/15/2006 11:11:27 AM)

Being an old "Empires in Arms" fan I found it very strange to see, that France has a base morale
of 5, Britain has a base morale of 5.5 and nearly everyone else is crappy.

Why the hell does an Prussian, Russian and Austrian unit does only have a base morale of 3.5 ???
This means that even an Empire-Prussian infantry from Lvl-10 barrack could not catch up with the
average france unit.

I turns out even more funny if you found the superpower Swiss units at base morale 5 too ;-)

By the way I have played 5 1805-campaigns as Sweden, Prussia and Spain and have always found France
crushing and swamping. After looking at the base morale of nations it was no wonder why.

ericbabe -> RE: 1.2.18 morale distribution for countries (3/15/2006 7:27:35 PM)

The morale numbers were derived from an aggregation of every list of national quality estimations I could find. They came from other games (including the ratings in EiA the boardgame, but also several miniatures games) and from several Napoleonic websites and usenet groups that ranked various aspects of the regional and national armies of the Napoleonic era, and also from some of the books we used for research gave rough estimates on which regions were considered to produce better/worse troops (I believe Haithornthwaite had very useful comments in this regard.)

The Swiss units were always ranked very highly.

If one does not like the numbers, he can always MOD the game files.

Units also gain morale as a result of battle, so there is no reason why Prussian units cannot eventually have as high a morale as any other unit on the board.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI