city fire record? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

TeK -> city fire record? (3/16/2006 8:37:47 AM)

I just started 358,325 fires in Tokyo in one raid in 1945. Is that alot or no?...I know that's alot of fire but I mean is that pretty substantial? Has anyone else gotten higher? I mean I could easily set 1,000,000 fires within the next week

and i'm wondering what do fires do exactly? does it make repairing manpower etc longer?

dtravel -> RE: city fire record? (3/16/2006 8:52:24 AM)

Fires are supposed to damage and destroy industries, manpower, oil and resources in the hex. But testing seems to indicate that either it doesn't work as we are told or the levels required are too high to be realistically possible.

TeK -> RE: city fire record? (3/16/2006 8:55:32 AM)

I thought so. Oh well. It's fun messing with massive amounts of air power like this.

Nagoya is my airbase...there are days when they dont fly at all, every day they have a mission and id say they fly about 5/7 of those missions but when they do fly every ac joins in, most of the time, every ac in a single attack, at Nagoya i have 784 F's....736 of which are flying bombing/strafing attacks at 1000 feet, ive got 588 Fb's all flying, same job as the fighters.....66 Db's flying bombing missions at 10,000 feet.....30 Tb's flying bombing missions at 5,000 feet and 2,800 Lb's flying bombing missions anywhere from 3,000-10,000 feet on any given task

but behind this i also have 3130 carrier ac docked at nagoya....Db's, Tb's, Fb's, F's, all given the same mission as the Db's etc on Nagoya

I did a ground attack with every ac on Osaka and inflicted around 4,000 casualties on the Japs....i also raided Tokyo port about a month ago and simply put...it made the Pearl harbor attack look like a side show.....i recall CV Junyo took 285 bomb hits. All 162 of the Jap ships docked were sunk...I had to go afk for a while the ships sunk report was so long.

Btw my target in that raid that started all the fires (every ac participated in a single attack) was Toyko Manpower. I hit it something like 7,800 (i think it was 7,900) times and that only did 4 damage to it. I just did my turn too and the fires are dying down and it's still only 4 damage.

TeK -> RE: city fire record? (3/16/2006 8:57:26 AM)

delete

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI