Pass Completion Problem Over the Middle (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

mark1726 -> Pass Completion Problem Over the Middle (3/18/2006 4:41:45 PM)

I haven't had any problems designing and completing pass plays to the WR's on simple out patterns. Last night I started to make some plays using simple in routes (i.e. WR goes downfield 10 yards then cuts into the middle of the field and looks for the pass while crossing). Basically the route is simply the flip route of the out pattern I have had no problem completing, but I find it impossible to complete any type of routes that aren't post patterns to WR's over the middle.

This is an issue with the orignal game and still exists with v. 1.095. I tried using several 11 man teams, all the same results. The QB has a hard time hitting the WR over the middle if he is running flat to the sidelines. On a post pattern or fly route the pass can be completed, but not on an in route.

I can send support the play, but I don't know which one it is in the plays folder? What do I need to do to send it so you can see what I am talking about?

By the way, this is with no Database chanes, stock teams both pre and post patch.

Sonny -> RE: Pass Completion Problem Over the Middle (3/18/2006 5:40:24 PM)

I have rarely seen a completion over the middle.

On one play the primary receiver doe an out pattern and the tight end goes over the middle. If the QB throws to the wide receiver the pass has a reasonable chance of completion. But I have never seen a completion when the QB decides to throw to the tight end on this play.

mark1726 -> RE: Pass Completion Problem Over the Middle (3/19/2006 12:25:51 AM)

Here is what I am talking about. The reciever highlighted in the below play will never catch the ball no matter what the ratings are for him or the QB. It appears to be a problem with the way the engine calculates completions, weird thing is this route works great if I flip it to go to the sidelines instead of the middle.

[image][/image]

[image]local://upfiles/19929/E178D23FA33B4F4B8E720D4E2054291A.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI