Any success with "Block and Release" command? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS)

mark1726 -> Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/20/2006 2:50:34 PM)

I am trying to make a screen pass play using the "Block and Release" logic option for two of the OL men. What happens though is they immediately go to the next point, ignoring the block part of the logic. The manual says they should hold the block for .5 secs then go to the next logic command, but I have yet to see them attempt a block.

Anyone have any luck yet making a screen pass or using the block and release logic option?

Deft -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/20/2006 6:04:24 PM)

I made two in the playbook I made available on FBmax.com. I was not able to get the OL to engage the DL with B and L but I drew their path through the oncoming rush that slowing them enough to get the QB back. I use a shotgun formation and I have several OL that drop back and then use block backfield. It seems to help pass blocking in general and deal with stunts and blitzing LBs.

mark1726 -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/20/2006 6:57:01 PM)

Thanks, I may give that a try if I can't get the block and release to work at all. The only time I would use it is on a screen pass, sounds like you got them to work another way. I will check out your playbook.

Sonny -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/20/2006 8:09:37 PM)

I had the same problem. Makes you wonder if it needs some work. A half second isn't long but they don't seem to engage as you said. Hadn't thought to make them move into a block.

Deft -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/20/2006 11:07:51 PM)

The big key I am finding in designing offensive plays is space to move. Most run plays that came with the game and I first tried to develop usually lost a yard or two except sweeps. This was because the runner or sometime blockers got into each others space and slow both down enough to let the defense react. If you allow your back to setup his blocks with waits or backfield moves, he can accelerate through the hole. Another trick is to use move to, then blocking out or blocking back field for OL so they can begin their blocking engagement with defender later and allow the RB to get through the hole before the blocking fails.

Sonny -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/21/2006 1:26:03 AM)

I never had those problems but then I made my own plays. I did use a lot of the stock formations and had reasonable success running through the line - smetimes no gain, sometimes 3 or 4 or 5 yards and occasionally longer runs.

Having the OL move to a point then block sounds like a good idea.

mark1726 -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/21/2006 2:58:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

I never had those problems but then I made my own plays. I did use a lot of the stock formations and had reasonable success running through the line - smetimes no gain, sometimes 3 or 4 or 5 yards and occasionally longer runs.

Having the OL move to a point then block sounds like a good idea.

Well I tried it a little bit last night, having the OL move into a block then issue the "block and release" command. I didn't get to mess with it too much, but this did seem to help as if they moved to the right spot they entered into the blocking animation.

This logic command may work after all, just needs a lot of effort to get it to work right. More testing is needed.

Sonny -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/21/2006 3:33:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark1726

Well I tried it a little bit last night, having the OL move into a block then issue the "block and release" command. I didn't get to mess with it too much, but this did seem to help as if they moved to the right spot they entered into the blocking animation.

This logic command may work after all, just needs a lot of effort to get it to work right. More testing is needed.

Good, it seems like you have found the solution. I have not had time to try it yet but nice to know it works.

It may be that the .5 sec goes by before the defender engages the OL and so it seemed not to work. But with movement first they should engage and then the .5 secs would occur.

[:)]

Marauders -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/21/2006 6:31:14 PM)

I have used the Block and Release command in tests, but the player then floats across the field, so I didn't use it. I'll have to try to test it again.

mark1726 -> RE: Any success with "Block and Release" command? (3/21/2006 7:33:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

I have used the Block and Release command in tests, but the player then floats across the field, so I didn't use it. I'll have to try to test it again.

I found he will float if he isn't contacting a player when the command is issued.

Basically I think it works somewhat, but could use some adjustments and fixes from David for it to work properly. Right now it appears as if you have to get the timing perfect to get them to block then release, and I can't confirm yet that they can even do that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI