Game exits after clicking on DONE often (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

waynesworld -> Game exits after clicking on DONE often (3/23/2006 6:33:48 PM)

I'm using version 1.6 at the moment - just got it and installed it with the patch and have been playing for about 20 hours into the main campaign so far. I have had to save the game after each turn however because of random exits back to the desktop after clicking on one of the DONE buttons on different menus. It happens the most after saving a game - it seems that 1 out of 4 times when I save the game and then press DONE, the game exits.

Anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it? I'm also trying to get my hands on the beta patch to see if that resolves this issue because I'm not seeing it listed in the forums anywhere as a known issue and its not listed a fix on the beta patch yet either.

Love the game!

waynesworld -> RE: Game exits after clicking on DONE often (3/23/2006 6:41:37 PM)

Nevermind guys - found where you're talking about this bug as being present already in this game...

dtravel -> RE: Game exits after clicking on DONE often (3/23/2006 6:42:56 PM)

The program exiting when you click "Done" after saving is a known issue. The workaround is to wait five to ten seconds after the program reports the save is done before clicking on anything. This has not been fixed. I believe it is considered a low priority problem because, well, you did just save the game.... [;)]

Crashes from other places you will have to provide more details. What were you doing? What were the last half-dozen mouse clicks? That kind of thing.

waynesworld -> RE: Game exits after clicking on DONE often (4/3/2006 11:26:49 PM)

I have not had any other crashes since watching closely to see just what the last action was. The waiting a few seconds after saving the game trick works fine - haven't crashed out and I've played into Oct 1942 on the main campaign now - perhaps 160 hours of gameplay done I would guess...

The Japs didn't get an auto victory against me on my first game so far...at least I'm doing that part right :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI