Minor unit loading bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

MarcA -> Minor unit loading bug (3/23/2006 11:21:56 PM)

I formed a transport TF consisting of 4 AK's and one AP. The AP had just arrived in port and refueled, hence had 1000 pts. I loaded a large lcu, the AK's loaded fine and, as expected, the AP loaded nothing. However, after the turn executed the AK's were full of lcu and the AP had started loading supplies, leaving a remenant of the lcu on the dockside.

I imagine this is just an oversight, I can't imagine it was designed that way. Save available if needed. If you could add it to the list.

Nikademus -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 12:13:27 AM)

always ensure your AK/AP's have full op points before loading an LCU otherwise the AK's unable to load due to exhausted op points. If one or two merchants have used op points, split them out of the TF your trying to use to load the LCU in question, or wait till the next turn to load them.

dtravel -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 12:32:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantill

I formed a transport TF consisting of 4 AK's and one AP. The AP had just arrived in port and refueled, hence had 1000 pts. I loaded a large lcu, the AK's loaded fine and, as expected, the AP loaded nothing. However, after the turn executed the AK's were full of lcu and the AP had started loading supplies, leaving a remenant of the lcu on the dockside.

I imagine this is just an oversight, I can't imagine it was designed that way. Save available if needed. If you could add it to the list.

You need to stretch your imagination then, 'cause that is exactly how they say they designed it. [:'(]

MarcA -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 12:40:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

quote:

You need to stretch your imagination then, 'cause that is exactly how they say they designed it. [:'(]

I can understand why it won't load the lcu first time, because the op points are all used. But why does the AP then go on to load supplies rather than the remainder of the lcu? Are you saying it was designed that way?

wworld7 -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 1:13:09 AM)

quote:

I always ONLY use APs for LCUs and AKs for supply and air units. I usually have no trouble with fragments being left behind.

Flipper

dtravel -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 4:27:37 AM)

quote:

quote:

I can understand why it won't load the lcu first time, because the op points are all used. But why does the AP then go on to load supplies rather than the remainder of the lcu? Are you saying it was designed that way?

Yes, I am. We have been told (by Mr.Frag IIRC) that the troop loading routines were deliberately made very restrictive like this. Apparently the programmers were concerned that units might disappear if they didn't.

MarcA -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 8:59:44 AM)

quote:

Yes, I am. We have been told (by Mr.Frag IIRC) that the troop loading routines were deliberately made very restrictive like this. Apparently the programmers were concerned that units might disappear if they didn't.

Hmmm, it strikes me that leaving unloaded fragments of lcu's around the place is more likely to lead to errors. A case in point being the above problem. When I then put the AP into its own TF and tried to force it to load the fragment on the dockside in the West Coast port it informed me it had loaded part of an lcu located in Singapore. In the end I reloaded the turn and had the whole TF unload to start again

Secondly is it so hard to code something along the lines

Is there any part of the lcu left to load .YES.
Is there spare capacity in the TF .YES.
The load rest of lcu on TF

dtravel -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (3/24/2006 11:23:02 AM)

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, it strikes me that leaving unloaded fragments of lcu's around the place is more likely to lead to errors. A case in point being the above problem. When I then put the AP into its own TF and tried to force it to load the fragment on the dockside in the West Coast port it informed me it had loaded part of an lcu located in Singapore. In the end I reloaded the turn and had the whole TF unload to start again

Secondly is it so hard to code something along the lines

Is there any part of the lcu left to load .YES.
Is there spare capacity in the TF .YES.
The load rest of lcu on TF

I agree with you. Vehemently in the past, which is why I'm trying to not say much more. My blood pressure is too high already.

Curty -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (4/4/2006 11:13:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

SO THEY KNEW ABOUT DISAPPEARING UNITS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE GAME, AND DESPITE THIS UNITS ARE STILL DISAPPEARING[X(]

rogueusmc -> RE: Minor unit loading bug (4/5/2006 3:56:45 AM)

Each patch fixes a few variants of it...it just manifests itself so many ways.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI