New patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum

Lions -> New patch? (3/31/2006 11:36:44 PM)

Hi,

I just wanted to know if there is going to be a patch after installing 1.0.106?

Any update on this new patch?

Sladebuck

Erik Rutins -> RE: New patch? (3/31/2006 11:40:34 PM)

We were going to release v1.0.106 as an official update, but decided to address a few more things that seemed important enough to hold the release. We're doing some internal testing over the weekend and aiming for a Tuesday release for the second official update. The latest internal list is as follows and if testing looks good, I'll make a public beta Sunday or Monday for a final check.

v1.0.118 – March 31st, 2006
(Second Update)

New Features:

1. From user requests, the arcade mode kicking has been changed. Previous to the change, the player’s skills would affect the kick the user was attempting to make. So even if the user looked like they'd pointed the arrow at the right place, the field goal could still be missed. After the change the kick accuracy and distance is completely up to the user now. The movement of the arcade kicking indicator has been sped up to make it more challenging.
2. Added the ability to quick simulate a single game, the complete current week, or the complete season without stopping. There is a known design issue in that you can't stop the process once it's started. I will try to find a way to allow that in future updates to the game but for now this at least addresses a wish list item many have had. Basically how this works is that when you click the 'quick sim' button, you're presented with a dialog of options. I'm going to expand this dialog when I get around to putting the old simulated game system back in place. But for now, it just lets you select how many games you want to simulate at a time.

Other Changes:

1. Fixed a bug importing leagues. The importing of leagues from outside sources works again.
2. Fixed a problem with league standings being wiped away after a certain period of time. This only occurred if the league had divisions with no teams assigned to it.
3. Added some code to the create new season routines to remove any empty divisions and/or conferences. Empty Divisions and Conferences were causing a lot of problems with schedule generation as well as the game resetting standings. Now, once you start a new season, if any divisions or conferences are blank, they're removed before the rest of the season is generated.
4. Fixed the accumulation of statistics over the course of a season as well as career. Two very small typos in one small area of code were causing a tremendous amount of problems! Users are encouraged to reset their leagues so that these changes can properly take effect.
5. The game clock no longer runs during any point after TD attempts (single or two point).
6. Fixed a bug with the PDS that would prevent it from opening plays for edit if the computers regional settings were not set to North America. The game is not localized and this is a known issue detailed in the readme file. Customers are encouraged to read the readme file and set their regional settings to North America.
7. Addressed a couple of issues with field goals.
a. That missed field goals caught in the end zone but not returned were not giving a single point when that rule was in place.
b. On strange occasions, when a single point rule was not in place, a single point would still be awarded.
8. Addressed the problem of the clock not stopping at the end of a quarter, kick offs and punts not happening as the clock runs out, etc... lots of game clock problems have hopefully been solved.
9. Added some code to ensure that when teams are created they have default uniforms created.
10. Adjusted the RB logic a little bit so that they will run more north south when going through the gaps in the line. Previously sometimes the RB would get up to the line and immediately try to evade an oncoming LB and wind up going no place. Now an RB will at least try to move forward as much as they can.
11. Made some changes to the QB sack code that addresses the 'incomplete pass/tackled by' issue. Now an incomplete pass is only recorded when the QB is hit and his arm is moving forward. As well, no tackle is recorded in this event any more.
12. Fixed a bug in the DBEngine.DLL that would not load the teams for imported leagues into the PDS for use.
13. Fixed a bug in arcade mode and fielding punts. What was happening is that the user was in arcade mode and moving the KR toward the ball, this was causing problems because the non-human controlled player and the human controlled player were conflicting with each other as to which one was supposed to field the kick.
14. Fixed a bug with arcade mode and moving the selected player on the cover team.
15. Fixed bug with Canadian rule set in Quick play giving a team 3 time outs in a half, whereas it should be only a single time out in Canadian rules.
16. Reduced the chance of a fumble a bit.
17. Fixed a bug with custom leagues/teams not showing up in the utilities properly. This was caused by two (or more) teams in different leagues sharing the same internal ID number. This has been adjusted to use a combination of league ID and Team ID when displaying in the tree view window.
18. Reduced the punting ability so that punts are in around 40 to 47 yards.
19. Fixed bug with simulated games not advancing the quarter time after having played out a 3D game.
20. Fixed a field goal hang. If the field goal was missed, but the ball landed close enough to the player in the end zone, and the player actually caught the ball, the game would hang if the live field goal option was set to false.
21. At the request of users, I've upped the passing accuracy somewhat. Now the passing completion rate should be most affected by the defense rather than the QB missing the receiver (although, that still happens). The receiver’s ability to catch the ball will also effect this.
22. Fixed a bug that was introduced in build 1.0.100 that would cause the return of a missed, live field goal, to end the process without actually returning the missed kick.
23. Fixed a bug with the logic commands. Snap To was flagged as the last command to be executed and this was causing subsequent blocking commands to be ignored.
24. Fixed the Time Of Possession calculation.
25. Fixed a bug introduced in one of the previous builds that would prevent the safety animation from completing.
26. The accelerated clock should be fully functional now (computer play selection).
27. Made some changes to pass blocking so that there was less collapse on the LOS if the QB rolled out. One play in particular was showing this problem in Indoor rules.
28. Made some minor tweaks and adjustments to the pass reading logic performed by the QB.
29. Added some code to reset the player fatigue between plays in practice mode. Players can fatigue during the play, but each time the play resets, so does the player fatigue level. This allows for a more consistent practice of each play.
30. Completely rebuilt system for handling QB scrambling.
31. Made some adjustments to the receiver catch logic. Receivers should catch the ball a little more often now improving the overall completion to attempt ratio.
32. Changed the scale of some of the objects in the game so they're a little closer to 'life sized'. Some were overly large.
33. Fixed a bug with field goals if they occurred with either the minutes or seconds in the quarter being at zero.
34. Fixed a bug with simmed games that wouldn't properly start the clock.
35. Upped the kicking angle on punts from 45 to about 55.
36. Fixed a bug with the clock that would stop the play mid execution (after the snap) if the quarter clock expired or <n> minute warning sounded.
37. Removed the ref whistle from the simulated games. That was annoying.
38. Based on user request, the kicking system has been adjusted. Kickoffs now are scaled to match the distance of the kick off location to the goal line of the opposition. Kicking strength is scaled to match. This means that a kicker with a 98 kicking strength skill will kick differently on indoor fields than out door fields.
39. Adjusted the accuracy of the QB passing some more.
40. Fixed a bug that prevented the "Line Up On Man" command for the defense to not work. An explanation of Line up on man is as follows; Line up on man is a defensive 'presnap' command. To use this, it must be the first command assigned to the defender. Select the command and provide the player you wish to line up against. If the selected player is not on the field, the defender should not adjust his position. An area of interest with this is that plays that made use of this command may not work as before. Play authors should remove the command if they find that to be the case.
41. Fixed a bug with time count penalties (delay of game) on punts that would cause the teams to switch sides without punting.
42. Fixed a bug with punts and field goals that would have the kicker kick the ball with no user interaction. Applicable to coaching and arcade mode.
43. Added some additional logic to the QB snap code so that the CPU QB that is on the winning team, going into the final minutes of the half, will delay the snap of the ball longer in an effort to waste time on the clock. This will only happen if the clock is running.
44. Fixed a bug with fumbles. If the defense recovered the ball and was able to return it for a TD, then when the other team got the ball back via kick off, the ball would be spotted <n> and whacked out yards to go. Now, the ball is properly spotted as 1st and 10.

Marauders -> RE: New patch? (3/31/2006 11:41:50 PM)

Well, there have been requests here to make Matrix Games more like the big software publishers, so maybe they will release a new patch by July. [:'(]

Lions -> RE: New patch? (4/1/2006 12:08:43 AM)

Eric,

Does this mean the problems I had when using a gamepad and playing agaist the computer, there will be better passing throws to the receiving player? What is currently happening is the player may be two yards from the ball but not making the extra effort to get the ball. That is the case where there are too many incomplete passes in a game.

Any news if the CPU QB will have more passing because a few games the CPU managed to get -15 yards of passing through 60 mins of football.

Also any news on when the CPU team will have more option plays when the CPU must make a passing play when it's 3 and long instead of rushing the ball? (using CFL rules)

Any chance the possession clock being fix?

When making a roster change between plays, using the mouse to click on the player you wish to sub has been froozed up and therefore I had to restart the computer. Will that be fixed?

When setting the roster change when it does not freeze up, I will set it to global but sometimes when a player gets hurt the global will switch back to non global. Any fix on that?

Good news...

With the v1.0.106 installed the only improvments I see are kick off returns and punt returns have been fixed when I am using the gamepad and my player can move about and therefore when the ball does kick overhead, I can go and get the ball and resume playing anywhere on the field.

At the start of the game, the players are coming onto the field and getting ready for kick off. Excellent.

The graphics on the player and field have improved.

Lions -> RE: New patch? (4/1/2006 12:13:24 AM)

When I got an email notification in my email somehow it did not list the other changes listed. Sorry Erik if my questions have been answered already. [;)]

Deft -> RE: New patch? (4/1/2006 3:57:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
30. Completely rebuilt system for handling QB scrambling.

40. Fixed a bug that prevented the "Line Up On Man" command for the defense to not work. An explanation of Line up on man is as follows; Line up on man is a defensive 'presnap' command. To use this, it must be the first command assigned to the defender. Select the command and provide the player you wish to line up against. If the selected player is not on the field, the defender should not adjust his position. An area of interest with this is that plays that made use of this command may not work as before. Play authors should remove the command if they find that to be the case.

These two I am very interested in, thanks for the hard work David!

Rottweiler69 -> RE: New patch? (4/1/2006 4:03:52 AM)

WOW! That is a TON of fixes! KUDOS on all of the hard work guys. Great job.

solops -> RE: New patch? (4/1/2006 3:11:05 PM)

Odd, I never had any problem completing passes in 1.095 through 1.106. Hmmm....

What about the roster problem with the AI replacing players that we assigned?

Lions -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 12:35:13 AM)

Erik,

quote:

26. The accelerated clock should be fully functional now (computer play selection).

Does this mean? CPU vs CPU or is it playing against the computer.

Magnum357 -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 2:04:15 AM)

I think what he means is that when the computer picks plays on offense, the Game clock ticks off a few extra seconds too help keep the number of plays down. This also might be the case in CPU vs CPU games too. both sides might actually shave off a few seconds of time, but I haven't played any such games yet. I might have to experiment this to see if this is true.

Bucky -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 3:38:10 AM)

Thanks David and Matrix....Can't wait for the new oficial release!!!!!!

echolodge -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 4:14:15 AM)

Thank you David and Matrix Team for your prompt response to customer concerns. You guys really seem to care about making the game better and are receptive to suggestions.

Marauders -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 5:52:24 AM)

quote:

quote:

Does this mean? CPU vs CPU or is it playing against the computer.

quote:

I think what he means is that when the computer picks plays on offense, the Game clock ticks off a few extra seconds too help keep the number of plays down.

Yes, that is it. It was in the last patch, but it created a Time of Possession error at the end of each half. David had to find where the extra seconds went to or came from. It has now been fixed.

frunky -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 8:44:31 PM)

Just got the latest patch 1.0.21
The opening kick off went straight up the middle WOO HOO!
but it looks like punts are still messed up

so far no completions but it's only been 1 possesion per team

David Winter -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 9:39:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: frunky

Just got the latest patch 1.0.21
The opening kick off went straight up the middle WOO HOO!
but it looks like punts are still messed up

so far no completions but it's only been 1 possesion per team

What is "punts are still messed up"? Punts are averaging in the 45-50 yard range.

frunky -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 9:52:08 PM)

They go wide left or out of bounds

cpu vs. cpu

I'm using 11 men on a canadian field

David Winter -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 10:03:11 PM)

Oh okay.. someone else just pointed that out in another thread.. I'll check it out.

cbelva -> RE: New patch? (4/2/2006 10:14:53 PM)

I was the one on the other thread that pointed out that punts were going out of bounds 90 degrees off the foot of the punter. I should point out I was playing a cpu vs cpu game with 11 men on an American field (if this helps).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI