Missing Staff Officer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

waynesworld -> Missing Staff Officer (4/3/2006 11:39:42 PM)

Okay - I'm perplexed by this situation. The Lexington just survived a massive air battle and lost her captain. Now that the ship in safe and sound in San Francisco repairing - I can't assign a new staff officer to her. The option is not selectable (in yellow) to pick a new commander when I look at the ship. I've built it into a task force and I can assign a new task force commander, but alas, the ship commander still shows ?Staff Officer? only in grey.

How do I get a new commander on board the carrier?

dereck -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 12:44:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waynesworld

Okay - I'm perplexed by this situation. The Lexington just survived a massive air battle and lost her captain. Now that the ship in safe and sound in San Francisco repairing - I can't assign a new staff officer to her. The option is not selectable (in yellow) to pick a new commander when I look at the ship. I've built it into a task force and I can assign a new task force commander, but alas, the ship commander still shows ?Staff Officer? only in grey.

How do I get a new commander on board the carrier?

Put the Lex in a task force. Ships in port can't have their skippers changed even though that would have been a perfect time to replace officers.

Black Mamba 1942 -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 1:43:09 AM)

Dereck has it backwards.
The ship must be in port to change the ship's commander.

Nomad -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 3:25:11 AM)

No, dereck has it right, a ship must be in a TF to change the commander. [:D][sm=terms.gif]

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 11:50:55 AM)

You are all wrong and right - a ship must be in a TF, but the TF must be docked at a port.

pasternakski -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 12:42:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waynesworld
... The Lexington just survived a massive air battle and lost her captain.

This is the real key. In WitP, ships still floating after combat are supposed to have the same officer on the bridge as when the battle started. Do you have any details on how Lexington's captain was "lost?" In any event, it sounds like you have done all the right things to get a leader replacement prompt - put the ship in a TF and make sure the TF is docked.

This may be permutation 1,996,868 of the "leader bug," or maybe it's just something that happens in "WAYNE'S WORLD WAYNE'S WORLD WAYNE'S WORLD."

waynesworld -> RE: Missing Staff Officer (4/4/2006 11:09:24 PM)

Thanks all - that tip worked.

It had to be in a docked TF at port to work.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI