1.2.18 Detailed combat bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback

Wellesley -> 1.2.18 Detailed combat bug? (4/4/2006 3:31:42 PM)

Me again

For detailed description look in 'After Action Report', thread that starts with "ALWAYS avoid..."

In short: one enemy unit, on flat grassland, completely surrounded by my units, attack after attack by 5 infantry units, 2 cav, 1 arty, and that one unit has max losses of 150 per attack, while inflicting many losses on my attacking units...

What gets me, is: after 1.5 days of total encirclement, and approx 25 attacks from all directions, that one unit apparently still has ammunition...? My units run out of ammo after about 4 attacks and / or fusillades, but this one enemy unit didn't. That a bug? Because if it is and it happens more often, then there's no use in me playing games in detailed combat anymore.

ericbabe -> RE: 1.2.18 Detailed combat bug? (4/5/2006 11:01:31 PM)

What indication did you have that it hadn't run out of supply?

Units that are out of supply only receive a penalty to combat damage, but do not have their damage reduced to zero. Furthermore, AI units receive a bonus to combat damage based on difficulty level, and at higher levels this increase is commensurable to the penalty for being at supply level zero. I'm not sure if this would solve your issue, but perhaps you could try playing on a lower difficulty level.

Wellesley -> RE: 1.2.18 Detailed combat bug? (4/6/2006 1:41:56 PM)

As I think I've said somewhere else on the same subject, I'm playing on 'Easier'-level.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI