How About that.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

hbrsvl -> How About that.... (4/9/2006 2:33:27 AM)

Hi-Playing v1.6, scenario 115(Andrew's map) 5/19/42. I just moved a Brit CV TF to Columbo. I merged it with a CVL TF already there. When I checked the # of CV aircraft aboard, it, was low for the capacity. Just for the halibut, I clicked on a Hurricane squadron at Columbo, hit transfer to ship and... Lo and Behold it came up OK to transfer the Hurricanes to either of the 3 CV-CVLs in port!!
Questions:
1. Can the Hurricanes do ops from the TF?
2. What other goodies (or disasters) can I expect from this scenario? I mean, this adds a whole new dimension to this scenario. WOW!!
3. Does this apply to US TF & land-based VF, VB, i.e P-40s, etc.? Is it with this that I can replicate the Doolittle raid?
Comments, please. Thanks, Hugh Browne

JeffroK -> RE: How About that.... (4/9/2006 3:35:32 AM)

Hugh,

I think you are in for a shock when trying to fly a mission, I think they can fly off but must be transferred to a land base (i.e, Aircraft Ferry, a la Malta)

In port, your aircraft can be loaded by crane but the pilots and aircraft are not trained to land back on.

hbrsvl -> RE: How About that.... (4/9/2006 4:36:44 PM)

JeffK-Thanks, I'll try that. To me the importance of this is, for US, this saves the rebuilding operation at the end of a long cruise from ConUS, thus getting units into action earlier. Thanks again, HB

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI