Invading Pearl Harbor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Saburo Sakai -> Invading Pearl Harbor (4/14/2006 12:37:37 PM)

Anyone has invaded Pearl Harbor and Hawaii at the beginning of the war? Is this possible? And is useful or not? The supply lines will become very long.

Mighty Atomu -> RE: Invading Pearl Harbor (4/14/2006 1:55:22 PM)

Yes, it is possible, and, according to some, it is strategically advisable, if you follow the line of thinking of Cmdr. Fuchida.

But it is very difficult in the game, because you can't prepare the divisions you need for Hawaii right at the start of the game. You can't have the troops invading very soon after the actual surprise...

Other operations will need to postponed of given secondary priorities, and your adversary will know this...

I tried it against AI. Troops will arive near Hawaii around Dec. 20th the earliest. A lot of ressources will have to be employed to smash the US Pacific Fleet and keep any of its elements from returning or reinforcing Hawaii. PH is well-guarded, well-supplied and Coastal Guns are a serious threat. So is the US Navy.

Against a human player, I think Adm. Laurent (user name) is trying this with some success. I think his ARR is quite useful if you think about this strategy.

Mighty Atomu -> RE: Invading Pearl Harbor (4/14/2006 1:56:50 PM)

And by the way: Welcome.

Respect your adversary, but don't fear him.

ny59giants -> RE: Invading Pearl Harbor (4/14/2006 3:41:10 PM)

Read the AAR by Admiral Laurent named "Bloody Pacific" to see a recent example of how it is done.

jumper -> RE: Invading Pearl Harbor (4/14/2006 5:17:03 PM)

yeap,
read the mentioned AAR. it is great one and is still running. I´m following too and learned a lot. [:)]
if it is useful? - it depends on your strategy. First you have to think what you want to achieve in Pacific (and all around the map btw, as it will affect your strategy in all areas) and then you will see if you need PH or not. Or better if it is worth of those losses you will surely suffer.

greets
Jumper

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI