air transport bug workaround? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

AirGriff -> air transport bug workaround? (4/17/2006 1:51:51 AM)

Anybody ever figure out a way to minimize the chance of having a unit teleported off the planet during an air transport mission? I already lost one para unit, I don't want ot lose another.

jwilkerson -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/17/2006 1:57:42 AM)

We think we've fixed this in 1.8 (soon to be released). In the mean time, I'd say if you have a fragment at the target end, and the parent at the source end. Pause for one turn. The parent should then switch to the target end (assuming that is where most of the unit is) and then transport the final fragment. Where you will get into trouble is where the parent is at the source end and is delivered in one load.

AirGriff -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/18/2006 1:56:33 PM)

OK, I'll try and watch out for that. That might very well be what happened to me. I used 3 C-47 sqdns to transport a Marine Para from San Diego to LA and they never made it. I guess they bailed out over southern Ca.

SGT Swanson -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/18/2006 9:37:10 PM)

Was there a beach along the route that looked inviting?[:'(]

2ndACR -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/19/2006 12:14:54 AM)

I have a game using Nik's mod under 1.795 where I have been using air transport alot and all units have arrived intact and are following orders. (fingers crossed) I never did pause the transports, the units just switched parent clean as a whistle on their own.

Sort of making me nervous though.

jwilkerson -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/19/2006 12:19:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I have a game using Nik's mod under 1.795 where I have been using air transport alot and all units have arrived intact and are following orders. (fingers crossed) I never did pause the transports, the units just switched parent clean as a whistle on their own.

Sort of making me nervous though.

I've been "bitten" by the "air transport bug" twice in about 2600 PBEM turns (and zero times in about 1200 versus AI turns). But for the saves that had been submitted at least, the air transport bug has been solved in v1.8 and there were still cases where the parent was not getting switched correctly (due to the unit size and squads being incorrectly associated with one the fragment and the other the parent).

rogueusmc -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/19/2006 12:24:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SGT Swanson

Was there a beach along the route that looked inviting?[:'(]
Blacks Beach is along there somewhere...[:D]

SGT Swanson -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/19/2006 3:42:28 AM)

[sm=00000117.gif] If it's along I-5 then I may have passed it once or twice.

rogueusmc -> RE: air transport bug workaround? (4/19/2006 3:48:08 AM)

It's north of 'Diego...we humped that beach going to Pendleton...they wouldn't let us look around though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI