Upgrade Help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Skyros -> Upgrade Help (4/20/2006 4:36:46 PM)

My game is in July of 42 Stock Scenario 15. My japanese opponent upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8 using the comprehensive patch. I have seen comments that it may mess up our game is that true?

jwilkerson -> RE: Upgrade Help (4/20/2006 5:23:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyros

My game is in July of 42 Stock Scenario 15. My japanese opponent upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8 using the comprehensive patch. I have seen comments that it may mess up our game is that true?

I haven't seen any comments to that effect. The comments I've seen were related to applying comprehensive to non-stock installations. So, if both you and your Japanese opponent are stock, then use of either comprehensive or incremental upgrade will work fine. However, use of comprehensive in this case is not particularly advantageous. Comprehensive patch is advantageous when performing a new install (or re-install) thus allowing avoidance of incrementally applying all intermediate patches sequentially (1.3Comp, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8). Incremental patch is smaller and thus faster to download and apply on top of existing installations and avoids concerns about whether an installation is stock or modded.

Skyros -> RE: Upgrade Help (4/20/2006 5:47:18 PM)

Thanks for the quick response. I enjoy the game immensly and I am looking forward to its continual improvement.

Thanks for the upgrade!

//EDIT

This is where I found the comment in post #2

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1114323

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI