Deja vu all over again (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

rich12545 -> Deja vu all over again (4/23/2006 5:51:38 AM)

Same thing. All I get is a bonk when trying to start the game. And I'm using the debug exe.

puresimmer -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/23/2006 3:00:42 PM)

The best thing to try would be Uninstall, reboot and re-install.

Also, disable any anti virus / anti spyware software just to rule that out.

rich12545 -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/23/2006 7:45:25 PM)

Ok. I uninstalled the game. Deleted any reference to puresim and baseball in the registry. Turned off Norton anti-virus. Rebooted. Installed the game including the 1.21 patch and debug file. Same problem.

puresimmer -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/23/2006 8:16:04 PM)

Did this just start happening out of the blue or was it after installing/uninstalling another piece of software?

rich12545 -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/23/2006 8:48:16 PM)

Well I sort of accidentally put stuff in my baseball directory and wasn't quite sure what belonged there. So I uninstalled PS and then reinstalled it fresh. It never worked after the reinstall.

rich12545 -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/26/2006 3:54:44 AM)

Shaun, any luck figuring this out? What I don't understand is what the problem is. Why would the debug file work the first time and then quit working when I reinstalled? What was different in the debug file to fix it originally? Surely that would give you a hint about what's wrong and how to fix it.

I'm not so much concerned about getting 2005 working although it would be nice. I'm more interested in 2006 since I guess it's basically the same engine. I don't want to buy the game only to get a bonk when I run it. Maybe you have a beta or something I could try. It would be interesting to see if it will run ok.

puresimmer -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/26/2006 9:02:19 PM)

Let's do this.

When PS 2006 is out, I'll send you a free copy and if it works you can then you go ahead and buy it.

For the first time in many years I am completely stumped as to what is conflicting on your configration. I have never had this issue reported before :(

rich12545 -> RE: Deja vu all over again (4/27/2006 3:11:58 AM)

OK. Hopefully it'll work.

But I still wonder why the debug file worked the first time and then it didn't when I reinstalled. I've never had this happen before.

One thing that did happen though, and maybe this will help. I had a graphics problem with another game that the developer couldn't figure out and nobody else had this. Then when he was working on something else he worked it out. It turned out that I had updated my computer through MS in February and that update fixed a bug of theirs that the other dev had compensated for in the original design. And that caused the graphics problem. So apparantly I was his only customer that keeps his computer up to date. Does this make sense? Did you program something that compensated for an MS bug?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI