Surface to Air Missiles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Veer -> Surface to Air Missiles (4/25/2006 9:20:37 PM)

Hi! One of the aspects of the orginal TOAW (Century of War) I never understood was the SAMs - in particular the fixed SAMs.

Do these actually participate in air combat? What effect do they have? If I am attacking a hex with some units and a non-fixed SAM unit, should I put the SAM on attack as well, or just let it sit dug in?

Also, some SAMs have long ranges (or atleast more than the hex they are in). Do these affect airstrikes in other hexes (within range) or do they affect intradiction levels only?

And how will the system work in the new TOAW?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

bluermonkey -> RE: Surface to Air Missiles (4/25/2006 9:22:51 PM)

Weren't SAM's pretty much useless in ACOW?

Telumar -> RE: Surface to Air Missiles (4/25/2006 9:41:16 PM)

All the anti air stuff was almost useless in its anti air role due to a bug or something like that.. Some people have made a special exe with bio-ed and increased the anti air ratings. Have a look a the download section for toaw at strategyzoneonline
Should be there somewhere.

From the Bug Extermination List at Strategyzoneonline:

25. The SAM/AAA bug. There's some kind of divider or an error in the DB. AA values of air defence units are so low as to be ineffective. Air Defence works, but needs it values increased by 100s or 1000s to approach historical effectiveness.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI