Arcade mode (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

GlennN -> Arcade mode (4/28/2006 5:37:49 PM)

Anybody playing MaxFB in arcade mode? What about those who used to use FPSFBPRO - did you play that in arcade mode?

Breeze -> RE: Arcade mode (4/28/2006 6:25:15 PM)

I do. It's a blast, although you can't really do much on defense. I'd like to see a "dive" button for the defenders and maybe a "break tackle" button for offense. And passing is hard sometimes because you don't always know which receiver to throw to until 3 seconds into the play. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the playing experience.

I never played FBPro, though I did use to play the original Dynamix FPS Football.

Tbird -> RE: Arcade mode (4/29/2006 3:20:17 AM)

I liked the way fbpro handled arcade mode

I loved playing with the overhead view also,

I could never get the hang of the madden style controls [:(]

Eyeman79 -> RE: Arcade mode (5/9/2006 5:40:36 AM)

I prefer the arcade mode also. I think David was trying to give just enough button action to keep the gamer involved but not trying to Maddenize it. But I agree it still needs alittle work.
On defense I think it actually is better if you don't touch any buttons. If you switch to a defender who is in a position to make a tackle it seems to take the AI a few seconds to "catch up " and he just stands there. I think the addition of a tackle button would help. It would also help if the pass indicators were visible right at the snap
David needs to walk a fine line with this though. I think FBpro, which I always played in arcade mode did a good balance of Arcade and sim. The best game, in my opinion, for this balance was probably the Tony LaRussa Baseball series.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: Arcade mode (5/14/2006 2:09:48 AM)

NO tackle button??[sm=dizzy.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI