New CLGA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

FrankHunter -> New CLGA (4/30/2006 6:25:03 PM)

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I've been working on a new CLGA covering the campaigns of 1813 and also 1806.

The map starts near Bamberg in the south-west corner and goes to Kustrin on the north-east. Currently there are 2 1806 scenarios and 4 1813 ones. I've rewritten the AI and introduced some new rules.

One concerns the supply system where there is a limit on supplies in a hex being transported. You can no longer order 700 supply moved in a packet from one city to another. Now if you send that order the game will create 7 packets of 100 supply each and move them along one behind the other blocking the road. It also makes the command "Burn Depot" useful since it will be impossible to get the supplies from a depot quickly out of an enemy path.

I've also redone the combat system but then changed it back to the same one as in Danube because it came off as too complicated. However, I do plan on trying to implement a simpler version of it before release.

DEB -> RE: New CLGA (5/1/2006 1:34:34 AM)

Hello Mr Hunter. CotD is a nice little game , but I have 2 posts/questions that no-one has answered to date. See following. Any chance of any answers ?? [&o]

1 ) The Sc. ( 3 ) set up info. shows the Guard @ Vienna from the start with Napoleon. However, only the Engineers are with Napoleon in the actual game. The Guard Cavalry ( from previous versions ) are now part of the Reserve Cavalry and are just south of Vienna. There are no Guard Infantry or Artillary on the map at Vienna or elsewhere. ( Previous versions had Guard Infantry , Cavalry & Artillary arriving at Ulm. ) [&:]

My history sources & various internet searches show the Imperial Guard at Aspern-Essling ( 21-22 May 09) less than 40 days ( sc. reinforcements ) from the start ; and at Wagram. Admittedly only the Young Guard ( approx. 10-12 sp worth ), a small amount of Guard Cavalry & Guard Artillary ( 112 guns ) are mentioned. [X(]

I have played through this Sc. as the French and no Imperial Guard have arrived ( or appeared ) at Ulm, Vienna or anywhere else.
The Italian Guard Infantry arrive with the reinforcements.

Can you advise what has become of the French Imperial Guard ?
( up to approx. 52 sp's of Foot plus the Artillary are missing. ) [:(]

2) The Rules refer to Ratings for a) Command b) Staff c) Combat , however there are only Administration / Inspiration / Battle ratings on the counters.

Anyone out there know how these ratings are calculated ? [&:]

The Command rating ( used for Combat Options ) appears to be based on the Battle rating.
The Staff rating ( used for Morale ) appears to be based on either the Administration or Inspiration rating ( proberly Inspiration ).
The Combat rating ( used as a Leadership multiplier ) appears to be based on a mix of the Inspiration and Battle ratings.

Thanks for any info you can provide. [;)]

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (5/1/2006 5:27:08 AM)

Hi DEB, I don't have that OB info in my head but would be happy to check it out (I've been away from it for so long I can't even think of which scenario is #3). You say that Guard was there in an earlier version and now, in scenario 3, its gone?

I'll check this out and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow.

On the ratings I may have used the names of variables in the code rather than what they should have been called in the manual. Combat and Battle are the same thing and I believe Staff and Admin are the same and Command and Inspiration are the same.

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (5/1/2006 6:30:53 AM)

I checked the source code for the scenario and yes, the Young Guard under Curial, the Old Guard under Dorsenne and the Cavalry under Arrighi are supposed to be with Napoleon at Vienna. Its about 23 SP.

DEB -> RE: New CLGA (5/2/2006 3:44:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Hi DEB, I don't have that OB info in my head but would be happy to check it out (I've been away from it for so long I can't even think of which scenario is #3). You say that Guard was there in an earlier version and now, in scenario 3, its gone?

Yes. I've played 2 Sc. 3's as French & 1 as Allies & NO French Guard appeared ( Patch 2.20 version ) anywhere.

quote:

On the ratings I may have used the names of variables in the code rather than what they should have been called in the manual. Combat and Battle are the same thing and I believe Staff and Admin are the same and Command and Inspiration are the same.

I thought that may have been the case. The pairings suggusted appear to be reasonable.
Thanks.

DEB -> RE: New CLGA (5/2/2006 4:08:26 AM)

quote:

I checked the source code for the scenario and yes, the Young Guard under Curial, the Old Guard under Dorsenne and the Cavalry under Arrighi are supposed to be with Napoleon at Vienna. Its about 23 SP.

As my other reply shows - I am unable to trace these. I made sure I kept Vienna whilst playing my second game as France but no-one turned up at Vienna ( or elsewhere ).

NB. My sources concur with the units & commanders noted re YG(C) , OG ( D) &
Gdcvy ( A). But no OG Artillary ?? Should Mouton appear ( as Corps commander ) also ??

NBB. Did you know that Arrighi's full name is Arrighi de Casanova?

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (5/2/2006 7:33:38 PM)

I don't have the source in front of me at the moment but I don't believe Mouton is there anymore, I think I instead attached the Guard directly to Napoelon. Perhaps that is the problem...

As for the OG Artillery, I will have to check.

quote:

Did you know that Arrighi's full name is Arrighi de Casanova?

I did :-) I went through all the general's names on both sides when deciding what part of the name to actually put on the counter. There are cases where you have to decide between a Wellesly or a Wellington, Bonaparte or Napoleon as two examples.

DEB -> RE: New CLGA (5/2/2006 10:06:04 PM)

quote:

I don't have the source in front of me at the moment but I don't believe Mouton is there anymore, I think I instead attached the Guard directly to Napoelon. Perhaps that is the problem...

Mouton should be at Aspern-Essling & Wagram according to my main source.
I think the problem is that the French Guard units have not been set as a reinforcement for Sc. 3, per the in game situation report.[8D]

Incidently the units of Rouyer ( sp 12 ) , Gency ( 2 ) & Bruyer ( 3 ) are also missing in
Sc. 3, perhaps the last 2 groups were merged with other units due to losses but Rouyer seems too large for that. Should any of these be in Sc. 3 anywhere ?[&:]

Thanks for your quick responses & time.[;)]

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (5/3/2006 9:08:18 PM)

DEB, I fixed the scenario. However I can't seem to attach it to this message. If you can just email me at frankhunter13@shaw.ca and I will email you back the scenarios, 42k zipped.

Same goes for anyone else wanting them.

Arthur Wellesley -> RE: New CLGA (5/10/2006 11:23:24 PM)

Hello Frank Hunter,

I really like this game. But with the next CLGA please put in a scenario and map editor [&o]. That would make many of us happier. Thus many more selfmade campaigns and mods could be provided and the replayability would rise substantially [:)]. So the game would still surely have more attraction for other wargamer.

1NWCG -> RE: New CLGA (5/11/2006 7:29:07 AM)

Frank,

This is great news!! I am enjoying play testing right now with a gent from here, and I hope by the end of this month - early June to have it incoporated into our club, as now I finally read about how to avoid the crash errors with Norton and am getting serious time in. Once I file my report I will post it here. Basically its a shoe-in in my opinion, just only need some human to human game play. So soon I hope, there will be a place for folks if they want to compete on a club type level and such.

We will have to review turn length and such to see how our points system works into it, but that will all change later this year anyways with some other games we want in.

OBTW, scenario editor would be awesome!!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted please!! I am enjoying it very much. [:D]

ess1 -> RE: New CLGA (7/30/2006 6:14:22 PM)

I have recently discovered my Adanac Command Studies CLGA 1805 & 1809 CD purchased from Mr F. Hunter some time ago.

1. Are there any patches and
2. Is this interchangeable with CoTD?

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (8/10/2006 3:32:28 AM)

What version number of the game do you have?

I think the games are data compatible.

ess1 -> RE: New CLGA (8/11/2006 9:51:03 PM)

Hello Frank,
Nice to hear from you again. I have v. 1.0
Sellick

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (8/12/2006 3:23:44 AM)

Off the top of my head I think there were versions up to 1.14

ess1 -> RE: New CLGA (8/12/2006 12:48:47 PM)

Thanks for that.   Ah well, miss your old forum[:)]

FrankHunter -> RE: New CLGA (8/12/2006 9:48:58 PM)

Thanks, we did have a pretty good time there

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI