Disapearing Minor Victory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Gilgawath1 -> Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 12:56:14 PM)

Recently started a game (Dec 8th- til finish) as the allies and in my opinion I am getting pounded in all the right place and hiding wherever.

Turn before last I scored what for me was a major victory with the Royal Navy Swordfish putting 5 torpedoes into 4 Jap CA's. This turn I made a big mistake and sent in 1 Surface task force with 2 BB's to finish the job and got jumped by about 90 Jap TB's and Bombers ending up near as damm it sunk.

To raise spririts after this terrible downturn of fortunes I decided to rerun my 'Glorious moment' only to find that the RN actualy MISSED with every torpedo !!![&:][&:]

Is this normal that the turn randomly runs the same turn? Or should it be coded so that the same results occure whenever the game is run?

If it is random does this not leave the game wide open for cheating?

MarcA -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 1:06:20 PM)

IIRC Mr frag said the random number generator used in the game is seeded and the seeded value stored with the turn file. This means that if a turn was rerun it should give roughly similar results every time. This was to stop people rerunning the same turn to get the results they want.

Mr Frag was refering to PBEM games at the time and from what you are saying I don't know if the same applies to AI games. It is also possible on one of the runs you made you just got a fluke set of results.

Gilgawath1 -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 1:09:56 PM)

This was in a PBemail game

MarcA -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 1:40:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anorean

This was in a PBemail game

How did you run the turn if you were the allied player in a PBEM?

Or are you refering to just watching the 001 file combat replay?

Gilgawath1 -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 1:55:25 PM)

Played the turn where I lost he 2 BB's then re ran the 001 file from the previous turn

MarcA -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 2:34:13 PM)

This could be a combat replay synchronisation problem. When you reran the combat replay it should have created a new combatreport.txt. Assuming you haven't run another combat replay since, have a look at the combatreport.txt and see what it says for the battle.

aletoledo -> RE: Disapearing Minor Victory (5/4/2006 5:35:34 PM)

sometimes I think there is a fog of war aspect to navy combat. I've had a BB ship torpedo'd during a replay and then looked at the damage during the turn and it showed no damage what-so-ever.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI