no a/c on Taiyo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

George Patton -> no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 1:01:40 PM)

I'm planning the first turn against Chuck, and I want to send CV Taiyo somewhere [:'(]
At the beginning she has any a/c on board. I formed an Air Combat TF to transfer there some chutai but there is no way to do it. When I push "transfer to ship" button, no ships are listed. Why? [&:][&:][&:]

boba -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 1:12:02 PM)

Assuming you are trying to transfer IJN planes (Zeroes, Vals, KAtes), have you checked to wich HQ chutai is assigned? If it's Home defense you need to transfer them (and pay PPs) to some other HQ.
BTW, I always do exacty the same you want to do with Taiyo on first turn [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: George Patton

I'm planning the first turn against Chuck, and I want to send CV Taiyo somewhere [:'(]
At the beginning she has any a/c on board. I formed an Air Combat TF to transfer there some chutai but there is no way to do it. When I push "transfer to ship" button, no ships are listed. Why? [&:][&:][&:]

George Patton -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 1:20:38 PM)

oooops...
I didn't check the HQ assignement.... [8|]

Charles2222 -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 1:30:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boba

Assuming you are trying to transfer IJN planes (Zeroes, Vals, KAtes), have you checked to wich HQ chutai is assigned? If it's Home defense you need to transfer them (and pay PPs) to some other HQ.
BTW, I always do exacty the same you want to do with Taiyo on first turn [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: George Patton

Juat out of curiousity, wouldn't this work the same way if you switched the CVE to the same command as the planes? It might be cheaper that way if there's more than one group he wants to put on it.

Terminus -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 2:09:28 PM)

Nope, that won't work... Too easy...

saj42 -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 3:02:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

Juat out of curiousity, wouldn't this work the same way if you switched the CVE to the same command as the planes? It might be cheaper that way if there's more than one group he wants to put on it.

As Terminus said - NO
An air unit cannot be based anywhere other than the 'soil' of its command. Thats why you can transfer to another base but not to a ship (including loading onto an AK). You can fly a 'home defence' unit from Honsho to Hokkaido but not ship it by AK

Charles2222 -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 3:07:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

quote:

As Terminus said - NO
An air unit cannot be based anywhere other than the 'soil' of its command. Thats why you can transfer to another base but not to a ship (including loading onto an AK). You can fly a 'home defence' unit from Honsho to Hokkaido but not ship it by AK

Well I know I've loaded up and AK without checking the command. Maybe just that it was incidentally the right command. Although I must say I didn't play that game long enough to see if it could unload them. that really seems bizarre as loading them on Ak's goes, because there's no like restrictions with land units.

RUPD3658 -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 3:28:51 PM)

As Japan you must pay attention to detail or you are dommed. The Allies can afford to be the stumbling colossus but Japan can not.

aletoledo -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 5:38:47 PM)

since I based a lot of my planes for training in malaysa I have a lot of them attached to Burma command, yet I can still place them anywhere I like.

the thing I noticed as george patton mentioned happens when the carrier is in port, when I create a TF it'll then show up as an option.

Arkady -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/4/2006 5:40:42 PM)

quote:

Well I know I've loaded up and AK without checking the command. Maybe just that it was incidentally the right command. Although I must say I didn't play that game long enough to see if it could unload them. that really seems bizarre as loading them on Ak's goes, because there's no like restrictions with land units.

Yep, it must be right command...

You can not load land units on ships if they are attached to restricted command !

Hoplosternum -> RE: no a/c on Taiyo (5/5/2006 4:37:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

quote:

Yep, it must be right command...

You can not load land units on ships if they are attached to restricted command !

Yes they don't even show up as selectable....

Of course most Japanese new units show up in Japan and these are very rarely the restricted Home command HQ so most new air formations in Japan will be transfereable. It is the original home defence Datai that are not.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI