Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (5/4/2006 7:40:38 PM)

I have agreed to license the Lahman Real Player database for PureSim 2006. This will make it easier for users to jump right in, and also will give me the opportunity to further modify the data if I see ways I can tweak things to improve the simulation.

Overall, cool news.

Amaroq -> RE: Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (5/4/2006 8:07:28 PM)

Congratulations, Shaun, that's great news.

KG Erwin -> RE: Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (5/4/2006 8:13:02 PM)

Forgive my programmming ignorance, but could this mean that real player career arcs could approximate the historical paths?

I still have no clue as to how close fielding and baserunning ratings approximate real-life performances.

I have mixed feelings, though, as I have no desire for the human player to have a "crystal ball", like Biff in "Back to the Future". [;)]

33sherman -> RE: Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (5/5/2006 9:40:41 PM)

This is good news to me.

SlapBone -> RE: Announcement - The Lahaman Database will ship as part of PureSim 2006! (5/7/2006 4:34:21 PM)

Wow, I guess Clay can no longer claim that distinction [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI