Melee (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Gunter_Viezenz -> Melee (5/6/2006 3:48:20 AM)

Hello again as I accidently pressed the key that shows me the hot ekys I have seen one for melee. I ahve triied it at leat a dozen times and I need help. For some reason my troops never want to engage in melee with the enemy (in the same hex). Does anyone ahve any thoughts of how I could get my troops to melee the enemy? Or why they ahve not been meleeing them?

Thanks In advance Gunter Viezenz.

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Melee (5/6/2006 4:36:23 AM)

Some things to check when attempting a Melee:

1. Have you selected the enemy infnatry unit in the same hex as a "target"? Melee is an attack like Direct Fire; you must designate a target unit first.
2. Is your unit in "good order"? A unit must be Ready, unsuppressed, and pass a check to perform a Melee attack.
3. Does your unit have shots left? A Melee attack requires expending shots.

Gunter_Viezenz -> RE: Melee (5/6/2006 1:39:54 PM)

Okey thanks I will try it, alought most units were in good condition with large armounts of ammunition.

But now I ahve a larger problem. When I was ding the Deseer Fox mega campaign. After I have finished my turn, the game kicks me back to the main menu. And if I go back and try to continue playing the campaign, no ID flags for my units are up. Can anyone troubleshoot what the problem might be? Did I surrender or something?

Major Destruction -> RE: Melee (5/6/2006 10:32:52 PM)

Delete the steel.prf file in the save folder.
That often cures all ills

Gunter_Viezenz -> RE: Melee (5/7/2006 1:46:06 AM)

What is that file resposible for, I want to know before deleting it.

Mike Wood -> RE: Melee (5/7/2006 2:28:45 AM)

Hello...

It stores the game preferences. Deleting it will cause the game to create a new one, using default values.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunter_Viezenz

What is that file resposible for, I want to know before deleting it.

Gunter_Viezenz -> RE: Melee (5/7/2006 10:12:43 AM)

okey thanks I will try it. Wish me luck.

Gunter_Viezenz -> RE: Melee (5/8/2006 1:57:51 AM)

I did it well it really didnt do anything, I think I must ahve surrendered or soemthing. I will try surrendering in a normal battle and compare how things looks, I really hope I didnt surrender.[:@][:(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI