RE: to Frank Rutin (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

FrankHunter -> RE: to Frank Rutin (12/6/2006 8:11:38 PM)

DEB. well I finished the new scenario data, fixing all the map bugs you listed. It should be available real soon. Thank you very much for pointing those out! In order not to change the data's overall size I changed two bridges on the far left (west) of the map to fords.

For those experiencing problems running the game at all I also finished a "no sound" version of the game because I think those problems stem from a flaky sound library. It will also be available real soon.

1NWCG -> RE: to Frank Rutin (12/9/2006 5:07:06 PM)

Frank,

Anyway to fix the sound library to get it to work.  No offense to other designers, but the music in the game is some of the best in my opinion, shadows the old BG stuff.

DEB -> RE: Upgrades and miniatures (6/6/2007 10:31:12 PM)

To Frank Hunter:

Its now over a year since my last email re "incorrectly" sited Bridges (see below for details). Any chance of a patch re this problem at some time in the future? ( Perhaps togeather with the revised OOB Scenario details. )

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEB

Previous of 31st May, noted below, refers...

quote:

Its occurred to me that since I'm now 2 bridges over the limit I could fudge it and choose two current bridges to be un-blowable (fords?) and let it go at that.

My first preference would be to remove the 2 "background" bridges , 22,8 / 23,9 + 16,10 / 17,11 , that are not on the map.
If that still leaves 2 too many then 2 of the 5 that I have noted as currently no background bridge ( fords? ), 23,9 / 23,8 ; 24,8 / 23,9 ; 29,17 / 30,17 ; 52,14 / 52,15 ; 57,16 / 58,16 , would be OK.

However, it occurs to me that the most likely site for a ford would be nearer a rivers source. Therefore I would suggust fords at :-
52,14 / 52,15 & 65,14 / 65,15 ( & remove background bridge @ 65,15 / 65,16 ) ; also, due to the width of the Danube, I don't think we can have fords on it ( unless you know otherwise ).

Only suggustions - anyone else out there have any views ??
Your final choice anyway Frank.

Any progress re sorting out these bridge errors Frank ?

tbsfan -> RE: Upgrades and miniatures (6/10/2007 10:00:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Kai
About 1/2 the time I launch this game I get the following error:
Exception EAccess Violation in Module CampaignsOnTheDanube.exe at 000595BD
Access violatioin at address 004595BD in module 'CampaignsOnTheDanube.exe'
Read of address 00000035
Any fix for this?

Hi guys
Kai wrote the above on aonther thread. I have just purchased CotD today and after applying the two patches (2.1, 2.2), I am getting similar results. It also becomes unresponsive and I get a dialogue box saying saying "You are trying to end an unresponsive program -- La Victoire du Gloire"

Any ideas? What is LVdG? Just another name for CotD?
May be I should uninstall, install the original again and then redownload the patches??????????

DEB -> RE: to Frank Rutin (7/3/2007 12:53:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

DEB. well I finished the new scenario data, fixing all the map bugs you listed. It should be available real soon. Thank you very much for pointing those out! In order not to change the data's overall size I changed two bridges on the far left (west) of the map to fords.

Recent email refers. I have missed this post to date, have had problems getting page 2 of this post !!! Thanks!! Any current info. on availability (?) as none traced yet.

quote:

For those experiencing problems running the game at all I also finished a "no sound" version of the game because I think those problems stem from a flaky sound library. It will also be available real soon.
I agree with the subs. post. The music choice is very good. It's a shame the only way around it is "turning it off" or a Nil Sound patch.

FrankHunter -> RE: to Frank Rutin (7/13/2007 7:24:42 AM)

DEB, I thought we had that bridge data thing sorted out long ago?  If I recall, not every bridge could have been fixed because it "broke" the data but as many as we could get fixed were.

DEB -> RE: to Frank Rutin (7/17/2007 9:50:34 PM)

quote:

DEB, I thought we had that bridge data thing sorted out long ago?  If I recall, not every bridge could have been fixed because it "broke" the data but as many as we could get fixed were.

Hello Frank,

You posted in late 12/06 that the bridge data was done & that it would be available ( Patch ? ) shortly.

( I only traced that post a few weeks ago - due to an error on this post/forum that did not show page 2's posts, that eventually got fixed ).

I am however, not able to trace any Patch re CotD on the Matrix site.
Can you advise / arrange.

Many thanks.

FrankHunter -> RE: to Frank Rutin (7/22/2007 4:16:44 AM)

I'll check this out

DEB -> RE: to Frank Rutin (8/8/2007 10:13:42 PM)

quote:

I'll check this out

I have just noticed reference to a "member's" patch on the CotD support forum. It became available in March 2007. However, it is only available to member's who have registered their games serial number. As my game was sold to me without a serial number I am unable to register & gain access to the patch. Any chance of getting the patch more widely available, say to ALL members or via the usual patch/downloads area?
( Also some info as to what the patch contains would be useful. )

FrankHunter -> RE: to Frank Rutin (8/16/2007 6:36:28 AM)

DEB, if you check in here could I get you to email me at fhunter@telus.net?  its in regards to the bridge data issue.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI