do wargamers like city-building games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

silkworm -> do wargamers like city-building games? (5/7/2006 7:31:57 AM)

I hope this isn't inappropriate for this forum, but I used to be a regular poster here, and I was wondering if my game appeals to wargamers. It's along the lines of SimCity but contains much more detailed interaction between sims and businesses. Please check out our demo!

[image]http://www.cityscapegame.com/uploads/kirby/demo-small.jpg[/image]

ravinhood -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/7/2006 10:36:29 PM)

Yeah I do, I love Tropico my favorite city builder of them all. But, sim city types? Nah, I just never got into that. I remember an old railroad city builder game on my Amiga that was pretty fun you hauled freight and the city built up as you brought cargo in. What was the name of that game...I wanna say Trains. Oh yeah you could buy the property also from apartments to office buildings stuff like that and rent it out for more income.

silkworm -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/7/2006 10:51:25 PM)

Yep. I love wargames too and I love detail. In the demo, we represent the income, spending, and happiness of each and every sim. Firms produces goods, which trucks carry to their points of sale. The entire city is built up piece by piece by your workers, using the appropriate materials, which you can buy or make on your own.

Please try it out!

(we also have a voice tutorial to introduce you to the game -- great voice acting by an 18 year old kid!)

rhondabrwn -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/8/2006 8:00:42 AM)

Interesting... thanks for sharing on this.

I'd like to see a future version with state of the art graphics though. The little dots running around do not really fire my imagination like in Sim City.

silkworm -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/8/2006 8:23:58 AM)

Right. This is just so we can focus on gameplay right now. Have you checked out the two videos of our 3D engine?

ShermanM4 -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/9/2006 6:19:35 AM)

My ultimate city-building fantasy game would be like this. You can build the city on a model similar to the Sim City one. Once its been built up, there would be an fps function in it. The terrain would be fully destructable and you could lead a squad around against an opposing one.

silkworm -> RE: do wargamers like city-building games? (5/9/2006 9:20:27 PM)

I'm keeping this a secret, but ultimately I want the city to be the military industrial complex behind a turn based online wargame... ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI